4

We were now at a table, all 6 of us. Me, James, Emma, Natasha, Taylor, and Ashley. I told Ashley to just go to her cheerleader table but she refused to. So here we are, James, me, and Ashley on one side while the other three are on the other.

"So, Emma.", James started.

"So, James.", Emma mocked.

"So, Tay.", Taylor joked.

They all laughed, with Ashley overdoing it and leaning on me more, making sure I see cleavage. I rolled my eyes at that.

"What? You don't think that was funny, Jake?", Natasha asked when I didn't join them.

I shrugged.

"Jake doesn't laugh.", James said, shaking his head at me while patting my back.

"But you never know who can fall in love with it.", Emma stated, making me look at her.

I'm reminded of someone saying that and I smile a little then frown as I remembered something.

Everyone was quiet so I raised a brow, looking at them weirdly.

"You fucking smiled for the first time in forever!", James exclaimed, making the canteen go quiet.

"Go mind your damn business!", I shouted and people started chatting again.

I frowned at James and he just shrugged. "What? It's true man.", he defended himself.

I sighed and ran my hand down my face.

"Whatever.", I muttered and continued to eat my food.

They continued talking while I eat, ignoring Ashley's constant trying of being seductive and sexy to me.

I feel someone staring at me so I look up to see beautiful gray eyes with green specks in them. I got lost in them that I didn't notice Ashley whispering something in my ear.

Suddenly, a hand was trailing itself down my chest and towards my crotch.

I gripped the hand tight and looked at the owner. Ashley.

"What are you doing?", I asked.

"I want you.", she whispers in my ear.

"Uhm, no.", I rejected, discreetly looking at Emma and seeing her talking to Natasha. I sighed. The moment was ov—.

What. The. Fuck!

What am I doing? Rejecting sex and saying cheesy stuff like moments? I got to get my shit together!

"Later.", I told her, releasing her hand and smirking at her.

"Dibs.", James whispered to me on my other side.

I crunched up my face. "What?", I asked him.

"Dibs on Em.", he whispered.

I shrugged. "Okay.", I whispered back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After showering in the locker room, I bade goodbye to my teammates and walked out of the school.

I went to my Porsche, got in, and started the engine.

As I was about to leave, I saw a very familiar figure kicking her car's wheel. I drove up to her and rolled down my window.

"Need a ride?", I asked.

Emma huffed and shrugged. "Sure.", she answered, opening the passenger side of the door and getting in.

I drove out of the parking lot as soon as she told me her address.

"Could've called me or something.", I said as soon as she finished calling the tow truck company.

We all exchanged numbers before lunch was finished, except Ashley of course.

"Well I didn't know you were still at school.", she said, shrugging.

"I have basketball practice everyday.", I told her. "Why were YOU still at school?", I asked her.

"I fell asleep in the library.", she shrugged.

It was quiet for a while then her phone beeped and she checked it.

"Your brother is asking me out on a date.", she said.

"And you're telling me this because....?", I asked.

"Just so you'll know, I dunno. I'm gonna say yes.", she said, typing on her phone. "I bet he's the one looking for a relationship and you're the one looking for sex.", she said casually.

My eyes widened slightly at how true that was. I cleared my throat also as a feeling I didn't like settled in my stomach.

We arrived at her house and she got out after thanking me.

I drove back home, frowning at this feeling in the pit of my stomach.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------