12

"Can you keep Emma occupied tonight?", James asked.

"What?", I asked, dumbfounded.

"I asked you-"

"Yes. I know what you said, but why?", I asked.

"Oh. Well Jenny wanted to talk to me.", James explained. "And I have a date with Emma tonight but I don't think she will appreciate me ditching and meeting with another girl."

"Jenny as in the girl you fucked before I asked you to occupy Megan?", I asked.

James nodded. "I swear, we are only going to talk, just until 9.", he pleaded.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "Alright. Tell me the pet names, the routines, the drill."

"Thanks bro, I knew I could count on you.", James grinned at me.

"Yeah yeah. But I have to tell Ashley.", I said.

"Alright. As long as she keeps her mouth shut.", he agreed, opening the door of my room and leaving me for a few minutes and coming back with a piece of paper.

I finished my homework and stretched, snatching the paper from my bed.

It was a Friday today so after my homework I was planning on hanging out with Ashley, but since this happened, I guess I have to cancel and make it up to her somehow.

I found my cellphone and texted Ashley.

Hey baby. James wanted me to cover for him with Emma. I'm gonna be home late. Please don't say anything.

She replied not even a minute later.

Whyyy. I wanted to cuddle babe. :( she said.

Baby, I'm going to make it up to you on the weekend, alright? Don't be jealous.

Fine. I'll be waiting for you hun. she replied.

I sighed in relief and started dressing up in James' style of clothing, putting on his extra glasses but with no grade and his favorite perfume.

I double checked the paper and memorized James' behavior during dates.

Locking the door behind me, I went down to the parking lot using the elevator and getting in James' car, starting the engine and driving to Emma's house.

I made sure to buy the roses James asked me to buy and drove to her driveway. I was wearing a blue tux because apparently, we were going to dinner and an art exhibit.

I was nervous for some reason. Maybe it was because James was the one usually doing this and now it's me.

I got out of the car and walked to the doorway, the flowers behind my back. I rang the doorbell and it almost immediately opened to a man standing behind the doorway.

"James.", Mr. Dickens greeted me.

"Mr. Dickens.", I nodded my head politely.

A few seconds later, Emma pushed her dad away and smiled at me. "Hey baby.", she greeted.

I pulled the flowers out from behind me and gave it to her.

She thanked me and asked me to wait for a second as she went inside and put the flowers in a vase.

A few moments later, she came out and pulled me to James' car. "Let's gooooo.", she whined.

I fake chuckled and almost forgot to open her door for her since it was written in the paper James gave to me, but immediately ran to her side and opened it, fake smiling.

"Why thank you, Jamie.", she thanked, getting in the car.

I huffed, going to my side and immediately drove to the restaurant, hoping she didn't notice.

(Emma's POV)
I have no idea why Jacob Winston, and not James Winston, is taking me to a date. However, I think I am going to just shrug it off because it clearly has a reason behind it.

To be honest, I don't care if James was cheating on me, my father was the one who insisted that I date him because his family was part of the elites.

Jake was doing a good job being James, I must say, because he was doing everything James could have done. Even if he sometimes almost forgets to do things like opening the door for me.

We arrived at the restaurant, Jake releasing his hand from mine where he was holding it in his while driving. That was one of the things that were obvious too. James wasn't a good driver like Jake, his gear shifts were meticulous, and Jake's smiles and chuckles were obviously fake.

If I were a normal stupid girl, I wouldn't notice these things, but I'm not. I've been studying Jake for awhile now, more than I should have with him. Moreover, Jake has this little cut on his right eyebrow, it wasn't noticeable but I noticed it when he was sleeping one time in their study room; he asked me to go to their condo unit. I admit I was staring at him, but they were wrong when they said that they look so much alike. Jake was more rough and manly; his jaw was more prominent and he always had a little facial hair. Today, however, he had shaved his face.

"Milady?", I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard him speak sweetly with a fake smile on his face,his hand out for me to take as he opened my door for me.

I blushed and took his hand, getting out of the car. I must admit, even if the smile was fake, he was still charming with it.

He intertwined our fingers as he lead us to the waitress waiting for us. The waitress gave him a flirty smile and he smirked but immediately cleared his throat, speaking.

"Table for two under Winston.", he said.

"Right this way, sir.", she purred.

We made our way to the table and he pulled my chair back for me to sit.

"Thank you baby.", I smiled at him just to get under his skin.

He fake smiled and went to sit on his chair,picking up the menu.

"So how was your day, babe?", he asked.

I shrugged, scanning the menu. "Same old same old."

He nodded and called for a waiter.

The waiter approached us and gave me a flirty smile.

Jake cleared his throat and the waiter looked at him and almost peed his pants with the glare he received.

"I would like another waiter to serve us, Kenley.", he requested, glaring daggers at the waiter, spitting his name like venom.

The waiter nodded, mumbled a yes sir, and almost ran away.

Jake smirked and turned his attention to me. I raised an eyebrow towards him.

"What? Nobody's going to look at my girl like that.", he grunted.

I laughed, rolling my eyes as a feeling washed over me. Oh God. It's like a lot of worms decided to crawl into my stomach.

What is this feeling?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------