16

It turns out that it wasn't necessary for me to break up with Ashley because she already did.

I woke up this morning with 2 texts from her.

Hey, I think you know about what my dad did to one of your companies already so... This is it. I am so sorry for my father's actions and I hope you don't find us because we are bankrupt already. Please, I know you have a big heart. I had the best days with you,Jake. But I guess good things tend to come to an end so I won't let you do the hard thing of breaking up with someone. I hope you and your family have the heart to forgive us and I hope to cross paths with you in the future. We are leaving the state and I thank you for all the things that you did for me and for giving me a chance.

The second one was this:

P.S. Good luck with Emma. *wink wink*

What does she mean?

My thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell. I shrugged my shoulders and went to the door, grabbing my duffel bag with me because I know that it's them at the door. I bade goodbye to James on the way, swinging the bag over my shoulder.

I opened the door and went outside, greeting them one by one. Rey, Sam, Natasha, Taylor, Ken, Sakura, Erin and Emma were all there already.

"Where's your bae?," Taylor asked, looking behind me to see if Ashley was going to follow or what.

"Ex.," I corrected him, shrugging my shoulders.

"Awww, you guys were so cute!," Taylor said, pouting.

I shrugged again because apparently that's all I can do now.

"Welp, guess you can check other girls out now?," Rey said unsurely.

I cleared my throat, avoiding eye contact with Emma and Erin. "Let's go."

We all walked to the elevator doors and to the parking area, some of them chatting and some, especially me, quiet.

We got in two separate Range Rovers and drove out of the space.

In one Range Rover, it was what I called the couples car which included Ken, Sakura, Rey and Sam where Rey was the one driving.

In the other was the rest; me, Emma, Erin, Natasha and Taylor where I am the driver.

On the way to the beach house, we stopped one time to gas up, where the guys, Emma, and I got snacks to eat in the gasoline station convenience store.

I got Doritos and a bottle of water and waited for the others at the counter where a girl was gawking at me, I think.

I cleared my throat, raising my eyebrows at her. She snapped out of it and smiled at me sheepishly.

"Are you Jacob Winston?," she asked in a weird voice.

"Yeah, I am," I replied in a bored voice, wondering why the hell the guys are so slow.

"Uhm, can we take a selfie?," She asked,putting her phone out.

I shrugged.

She squealed and went around the counter then took a picture with me smirking in it.

"Thank you sooo much! Everyone doesn't get my fangirling of you but I think you are one of the most intelligent and handsome businessman in the whole world!," she said excitedly.

I smiled at her and she squealed louder.

"You ready, Jake?," Emma suddenly appeared beside me with a can of coke and also Doritos.

"Yeah, where are they?," I asked, looking around to see them walking towards the counter.

"Finally," I whispered.

"Well hello there pretty lady," Taylor said in his gay-y voice to the girl behind the counter.

The girl blushed and waved at him shyly, " Hello."

"Put your food and drink on the counter so we could go nowww," Rey whined, already missing Sam, I bet.

Ken chuckled, "Yeah, I miss my girl too."

I rolled my eyes as they put what they're going to buy on the counter and the girl scanned the food and drinks.

I paid for them despite the whines of the guys and we all left the convenience store, saying goodbye to the girl.

We continued for an hour and without hesitating, I turned right into the woods with Rey following behind me.

The beach house was secluded so we had secret paths to go there. We cruised on land for about ten more minutes until we see the house or big cabin and the beach.

"Let's go!," Taylor startled me, making me jump a little but not affecting my driving as I parked in front of the cabin/house.

As soon as I unlocked the doors, Taylor jumped out of the car and ran towards the beach, making everyone laugh.

We all got out of the car, getting our things and putting them in rooms. I will be sleeping alone since Ashley was supposed to be my roommate, Ken and Sakura, Rey and Sam, Emma and Erin, and Taylor and Natasha.

Everyone immediately went to the beach in their swimming suits and trunks since it was so hot. I shrugged and brought my laptop with me and sat on one of the chairs provided and started doing a progress report on this month because when we get home, it was going to be one day before the end of the month.

(Emma's P.O.V.)

Jake was working again, I sighed.

Someone splashed me with water and I turned to see Natasha with a water gun.

I widened my eyes as she smirked at me. I looked around and see everyone else in the water and splashing around.

I took a water gun from the box of toys and ran to the water, jumping and splashing those around me and started having a good time.

(Jake's P.O.V.)

I was so occupied on the report that once I finished typing, it was almost sunset since we came here at 1 or 2.

I looked around and saw them around a bonfire that wasn't made yet and I saved my report, put it inside the house and went back out to join them.

Rey still hadn't put up the bonfire so I decided to help him.

"Look who decided to come out of his shell," Sakura joked.

They laughed and I smirked at her.

"I'm done with work, that was the last thing that I had to do, don't worry," I reassured her.

"Good, cause I missed you," she said, hugging me and I hugged back.

Ken cleared his throat and they laughed while Sakura sweet talked him, saying I love you and kissing him all over his face.

I looked around and saw everyone having a good time, roasting marshmallows and drinking hot chocolate or cold beer. Weird, but I like it.

My eyes met grayish green eyes and a cute smile. Emma was wearing a black bikini and it fit her so well.

I looked away as I realized I was caught checking her out.

What a vacation.