3

"Jacob Winston! Why are you late?", Mr. Ftizpatrick asked as I opened the door to Physics.

I moved aside for him to see Emma and gestured to her. "I was showing her around.", I excused.

Mr. Fitz sighed and gestured to the last cubicle with two stools and I walked towards it while Mr. Fitz told Emma to introduce herself.

"Uhmmm, hi. My name is Emma Dickens. Nice to meet ya.", she said and made her way towards me.

"Okay Ms. Dickens. You are going to be paired up with Mr. Winston for a project. This project is for your finals already so you have plenty of time to plan and organize.". Mr. Fitz said.

I smirked at Emma as she sat next to me and whispered in her ear, "Will you look at that. We're partners. Next thing you know you'll fall in love with me and we'll live happily ever after."

Emma rolled her eyes and ignored me. She freaking ignored me!! Me! Jacob Winston!

I looked at her in disbelief while Mr. Fitz droned on and on about the project.

"What are you staring at?", Emma asked.

I shook my head and began listening.

"Now that the final project is out of the way, you may do anything that you wish to do as long as you keep quiet.", Mr. Fitz said.

Have I lost it? No. I couldn't have. I was just with Megan and Ashley last night.

I turned to a girl beside me and tapped her shoulder.

She blinked a few times, not believing I was talking to her.

"Y-yes?", she stuttered.

Yes! I still have it. Why doesn't Emma find me attractive though? Whoaaa. What?

I realize that the girl was staring at me. Oops.

"Uhm, what's the projects about again?", I asked.

"We need to apply any topic that we have learned and make anything out of its concept.", the girl explained, blushing as I stared at her too long.

The girl blushed a deeper shade of red when I smirked at her and thanked her.

The bell rang and we all went for the doorway. I waited on Emma and we went to the next class together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch came and I quickly went to Emma's room to fetch her.

As I arrived, she just went out with a girl with blonde hair who's hot and a guy with brown hair shaved on one side. The guy's gay, I think he's a popular gay.

"Hey!", I greeted her, putting my hands in my pocket.

The three stopped and the two who was walking with her stared at me. Well, the gay guy actually gawked.

"Oh, hey Jake. These are Natasha and Taylor.", she gestured towards the girl and the guy, respectively.

"Hey.", I waved a bit at them but looking at Emma as she put her hair behind her ear.

Snap out of it!

I cleared my throat and smirked at the two but turned my attention back to Emma.

"Uhm, so you're coo-", I was cut off by an arm over my shoulder and another wrapping around my arm.

"Hey bro.", James greeted the same time Ashley said, "Hello hottie."

I rolled my eyes, knowing James' tone. He is interested in one of the gals.

"Hello James. What's up, Ashley?", I greeted back to be polite.

James cleared his throat.

I groaned inwardly. " This is Emma, Natasha and Taylor.", I introduced. "Guys, this is James, my brother, and Ashley."

James dropped his arm around my shoulder to put his hand out to them, shaking their hands and when he got to Emma, he kissed the back of her hand. Bingo.

I don't know why but my jaw clenched when I saw that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooo, why DID his jaw clench when he saw James kiss Emma? Hmmmmm...