9

"How was it?", Rey asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"I have no idea what you're talking about.", I mumbled, sitting down next to Sakura again.

Rey just rolled his eyes and turned to Sam.

I felt the familiar gaze on me but I refused to glance at those hauntingly beautifu- WHAT.

Stop it.

A few minutes later, everyone was done eating and Jamie paid the bill.

We went out to the parking lot and to our cars, me opening Sakura's car door for her and going around the car to my side and got in,

I turned on the radio and bobbed my head to the station playing classical music jokingly.

Sakura giggled and slapped my arm playfully.

"So, you coming to the party or am I dropping you off?", I asked.

"Drop me off. My daddy is going to talk to me about the company, I think.", she said.

I cringed inwardly at the word daddy, remembering how I had just up and left Poppy, the waitress. Damn, why do I feel bad?

I drove to Sakura's house, opening the door for her and walking her to her doorstep. She rang the doorbell and almost immediately, their butler was there, greeting me and letting Sakura in. I bade her goodbye and went back to my car, revving the engine and driving to the party.

As I went nearer to the party, I heard the music getting louder and at last I arrived at the house.

Locking my car, I put my keys in my pocket and texted everyone on where they are.

To my surprise, Emma texted back first, saying she was in the kitchen. I walked inside the throbbing house and made my way to what I assumed was the kitchen and I was right.

Emma was there with a kind of tipsy Jamie who was talking to my teammate Keith.

"What's up, star player?", Keith greeted me with a bro hug.

"'Sup, Keith. How's the party?", I asked him, knowing he was pretty tipsy too.

"Alright. I'm gonna search for a chick now.", he said, walking out of the kitchen.

I shook my head, turning to face Jamie and Emma only to see them making out. The feeling I got when Jamie boasted about Emma washed through me, only stronger. I shook my head and left them there, opening a beer bottle and sipping on occasions.

Suddenly, I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"So, want to claim that reward?", she asked.

I rolled my eyes and turned to see a drunk Ashley. I shook my head, realizing she may pass out in a second and someone might take advantage of her.

Hey, I like sex but I am against rape.

"Let's get you home, Ash.", I said, putting my arm around her waist and leading her outside to my car.

I'm going home, guys. , I texted the gang and put Ashley in the passenger seat, closing the door and going to my side of the car. I didn't feel like partying anymore for some reason.

I drove Ashley to her house and helped her to her room. I knew where her house is because we had sex there and her parents weren't home that time. Even now as I helped her to her bed, the house seemed deserted.

I sighed as she made herself comfortable in her bed and fell asleep.

Quietly, I went out of her room and made sure to lock the front door then I made my way to my car, revving it up and driving straight to our condo.

When I arrived, I parked my car and went to the elevator, pressing my floor after inserting my key card in the slot.

As I reached my floor, I went out and into our unit, getting in my room and kicking my shoes to the side.

Before I even knew it, I was doing my homework, which I just usually do minutes before the class starts.

I stared at my finished homework, blinking rapidly and shaking my head. I stood up and went to my walk in closet and changed to my sleepwear, getting in my bed and wrapping myself of my bedsheets.

I tossed and turned. What the fuck has gotten into me. I reject sex, help someone into bed, then I do my fucking homework.

Finally, I opened my bedside drawer and pulled out sleeping pills, gulping it and waiting for sleep to overtake me. A few minutes later, my eyelids felt heavy and I drifted off to sleep, with gray eyes with flecks of green in my dreams that night.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------