CHAPTER 5

The week was nothing out of the ordinary for Fiona if several facts were not taken into consideration.

ONE - She is the boss's wife.

TWO - People are now questioning her credibility, luckily not on her face. But that doesn't make things anything better.

THREE - Every single goddamn person is on the lookout for gossip.

FOUR - At the same time, they try not to talk about Justin too much in front of her in case she snitches on them. (Yeah, right! Like they even speak with each other)

FIVE - She has become the number one topic of gossip at her workplace.

The conclusion is that her work life is as excellent as it can be.

Note the sarcasm!

On the other hand, her Grams didn't spare a single chance to know about her new married life. Fiona could not think of any other way but to tell her dearest grandmother that she couldn't have picked up any better guy for her. If only Fiona could herself believe this statement, which she was feeding to her grandmother.

With the rate she was making things up, Fiona was confident that by the end of the year, she would be considered as one of the best liars in her city, if not the universe.

All thanks to her dearest husband.

Justin was his usual ignorant self, which worked perfectly fine for her because now she was completely immune to him treating her as a non-existent person. It is only at the workplace where he gives her a brief acknowledgement for the benefit of others.

However, today, Fiona was late to work due to the long queue in the café 'Sip & Dip,' where she goes to have her daily dose of caffeine. She was rushing towards her desk when Adam stopped her.

"Hey Fiona, could you please forward this file to Justin? I really need to get to the top floor for a meeting."

"Umm, sure. But isn't he busy with the interviews?"

"Yes! But he asked me to hand it over to him promptly. Interview or no interview. Plus, you are married to him. Use that to your advantage." Fiona agreed, mentally rolling her eyes.

She proceeded towards Justin's cabin instead of going to her desk, but not before stopping by his secretary. She observed that a lot of candidates were sitting nearby. Some were nervous, while others looked confident.

"Hey Judy, is Justin busy with the interview? I need to hand this file over to him." Fiona asked his secretary politely with a smile.

"Hold on a second." Judy gave a kind smile to her.

Justin was in the middle of questioning the guy, along with James, who was sitting in front of him, when Judy called him. He shouldn't be as surprised as he was when his secretary asked if Fiona could come in. Until now, Fiona had never tried to contact him in the office or anywhere. She never once made an attempt to show the world that she was the wife of the CEO of the company.

It's commendable.

He normally asks his secretary not to disturb him during any meetings or situations like the current one, but he has made an exception for his wife. Justin had specifically instructed Judy to inform him if Fiona needed him under any circumstances. Big or small, he is to be contacted immediately in case she needs him or if she is in any trouble.

It was secondary whether or not she required him.

He was yet to come forward and talk to her. The least he could do was make himself available to her in case of an emergency. Plus, he hadn't seen her in the past two days.