CHAPTER 15

Justin was driving alone to work on a Monday morning. He was happy with the way things turned out.

Even though Fiona decided to stay with Emily for another day, he was pleased with the progress they had made in their relationship. He still had to apologize to Fiona for his earlier actions, but it wouldn't be difficult now.

Justin did ask her to come with him and James while they were leaving Emily's place, and Fiona almost agreed, but one look from Emily, and she chose to stay with her. Her friend really hates his guts, and he needs to do something to get her to warm up to him. She looks like the most important person in Fiona's life, and he doesn't want to be in anyone's bad book.

While walking towards his cabin, he chose to take a detour and greet Fiona. Early in the morning, he texted her, offering her and Emily a ride to work. She dismissed it by saying that it wouldn't settle well with Emily, as she isn't his biggest fan, and he had no doubt about that.

His office place was quite large. So he was glad that Fiona's room was not on the opposite side. It was only three cabins away from his. When he entered the glass door, he was greeted by Fiona and Adrian laughing.

Adrian was one of his most experienced employees. He was about the same age as him and Fiona, but his knowledge and skill were impeccable. During her first year of employment, she was assigned to him as a trainee. Even though he is her senior and mentor, with each passing year of her experience, he began to treat her like a partner.

Justin felt a sense of prickling inside him that he tried not to notice. So, he ignored it and greeted both his wife and the employee.

"Good morning, guys."

Fiona was surprised to see Justin this early in the morning. Her spouse decided to make his presence known while she was laughing with Adrian.

"Good morning, Justin. What do we owe this pleasure of meeting you this early morning?" Adrian asked, with a welcoming smile on his face.

"I just wanted to check in on the progress of your new website." He didn't want to come out too strong. Even though he and Fiona had broken the ice, things between them were far from perfect.

"It's coming by! Mr. Shanghai is too demanding for his own good. He likes to alter his looks and content every other day. It's a wonder he hasn't changed the purpose of the website." Adrian rolled his eyes but had an amused look on his face.

This made Fiona chuckle. This led Justin to look at her in a state of sheer perplexity.

"Am I missing something?" He asked them.

"No-no, nothing. It's just that...." Fiona tried to answer him while casting a sideways glance at Adrian, which didn't go unnoticed by Justin.

"As you are aware, Mr. Shanghai is keen to start a dating website. However, it is not as simple as we thought. He wants something louder and more liberal." Adrian elaborated.

"Louder and more liberal?" Justin asked in confusion.

"Yes, he likes to describe this project as 'this should be the place where people can unleash their 'inner demons.'" Fiona quoted.

"He wants a dating website or....." But he was cut off by Adrian.

"Yes, Justin, it's an or..., But we are both handling it. It will simply be a dating website. We know the protocols. Plus, we have delegated the making to Adam."

"Okay... If you say so. I have got faith in you guys. However, just make sure you guys make some space for another project. We might catch a highly promising client by the end of this week."