CHAPTER 31

Cynthia Grams was lying on the bed when Justin and Fiona entered the room. Her right leg was broken, and both of her hands were bruised. The right part of her brow had become purple as well.

"What the hell were you thinking when you were riding that bike of yours? You do know that you are not twenty anymore." Justin angrily greeted his grandmother.

Fiona wanted to face palm. Instead of being polite to her, he was angry. Only he is capable of it.

"Are you calling me old, young man? I am younger than anyone in this room." Cynthia Grams told him smugly.

"Grams, for God's sake. For once in your life, be serious." Justin crossed his arms in annoyance.

"Like you? Nah, I will take my chance and be the coolest around her." His grandmother simply waved him off.

"More like craziest. I swear you need to be put into a mental asylum." Justin wanted to put some sense into the old lady lying on the bed in front of him.

"And risk the chances of other patients relapsing. I think you should take a pass."

Fiona wanted to burst into laughter but held herself from doing so. But Cynthia's other statement made Fiona's eyes widen, but Justin rolled his eyes.

"Now, if you are done being your brooding self, why don't you let Fiona come here and talk to me? I am sure she has suffered enough of you."

Fiona looked at Justin, who gave her an encouraging nod, so she went and sat down on the chair beside his grandmother.

"How do you feel right now?"

"See, Justin. This is how you should talk to an injured person. You can learn a few things from her." Cynthia's statement made Justin give her a flat look.

However, this had no effect on her, and she continued to talk to her granddaughter-in-law. "Ignore him, honey, and I am totally fine. In no time, I will be riding that bike again."

"The hell you will. I am telling mom and dad to get rid of that demon." Justin said.

"My bike's name is Buster and not Demon. And you won't be going near my baby." Cynthia gave him a cold stare.

"Yes, I will." Justin cocked his eyebrows, challenging his grandmother to oppose him.

"You named your bike Buster?" Fiona asked her with a surprised look.

Instead of Cynthia, her grandson retorted. "Yes, she did. That devil is just like its name. Busted Grams leg."

"It is my baby. Don't you call him that." Both Justin and his grandmother had locked gazes with each other. So, Fiona intervened.

"Justin. We can talk about all this when she is home," But Justin cut her off.

"She doesn't understand just talking. We need to get her new brains."

"I don't need one, but you certainly should get it for yourself. At least then, you will stop being grouchy. Fiona, I am so sorry that because of me, you got trapped with him. You have my condolences." Grams uttered the words with utmost sincerity.

While Fiona didn't know how to respond, Justin there was frowning.

"Trapped? I think more than me; she might be feeling trapped to have another psychotic grandmother like you."

Fiona grumbled inwardly and stepped over to her husband, hoping to reason with him.

"Justin, she is recovering. Be polite to her. I don't want to interfere between you two, but come on. Look at her. She just broke her leg. The least you could do is sympathize with her."