CHAPTER 13

The room was filled with darkness, the sound of crunches echoing, and the faint light emitting from the television in front of the couch where Fiona and Justin were sitting.

Mason was stuck between Emily and James, sitting on the floor and leaning against the lower half of the couch for support.

Emily and James would start bickering every now and then, forcing Mason to act as their unwitting mediator. On the other hand, Justin and Fiona were significantly more entertained by their friends' conversations than by the movie itself.

However, in between, Fiona finally found the courage to initiate the conversation with Justin.

"Justin..." She whispered to him, which drew his attention to her.

"Yes..?" He didn't expect Fiona to talk to him. Let on start a conversation.

"I am sorry for earlier. I didn't exactly mean to say that aloud." She explained.

"But you thought that, didn't you?" He asked her, even though he very well knew the answer.

"Frankly? Yes. But can you blame me?" She told him honestly.

"No, I can never blame you for that or anything in the last two months. I haven't been forthcoming after all, so please don't apologize to me for what you told me back then because you were not wrong."

He meant every word he said because he knew that he had put Fiona in a difficult position.

Justin's words made Fiona smile. She thought, 'James was indeed right. Justin is an idiot, but he is a good guy. At least seems to be.'

"And Justin, thank you so much for backing me up there in the café in front of Noah. You didn't have to, but I really appreciate it." Fiona finally thanked him, which she had been meaning to do for a long time.

"Fiona..." Justin sighs contentedly. "Don't thank me. I just wish I had been present from the start. Maybe then Noah wouldn't have hurt you."

"Don't worry about it." She tried to dismiss Noah's act as if she was over it.

"Just so you know, I have always got your back." Fiona gave an appreciative smile in response to Justin's words.

They watched the rest of the movie in silence. The air around them was friendly. Even James and Emily were now silently watching the film, and Mason felt relieved that he could finally leave those two alongside him and relax on the beanbag next to the couch.

Once the movie was over, everyone pitched in to clear the scrap splattered in the living area. Once everything was settled, Mason announced his departure.

"I hope you two have a good night and dreams which don't comprise Emily haunting you. If she did, you can always turn up to Fiona for help."

"Jeez! Mason, stop being dramatic. I am not evil." Emily rolled her eyes.

"Of course, you ain't. You are just 'Emily de vil.'" Mason's description made James and Justin laugh.

"Mason, get lost. And you two, don't forget that you are both spending the night here. Don't blame or go crying around when this night turns into a nightmare." Emily warned them.

"Good night Mason. I will see you tomorrow. Justin, James, come on, I will show you guys your room for tonight." Fiona greeted Mason goodbye, after which the other two guys followed Fiona.

However, Emily escorted herself into her room as she was least interested in tolerating James and Justin more than she actually had.

Honestly, those two weren't bad people. In fact, they were amongst the most decent people she had ever encountered, especially after how they both were there for Fiona in the Noah episodes. But she will not accept this in front of anyone.

Fiona opened the door to her room. And it was nothing that Justin expected, but it also didn't surprise him. Her room had a basic cream color scheme, but it was filled with a lot of things. He didn't want to be seen like he was scrutinizing her room, so he focused his attention on his wife, who was pulling out a blanket from the cabinet.

"I only have one blanket, you two gotta share. It is large enough for both of you to fit in. I would have offered you my clothes, but looking at your size and mine, it ain't going to fit. But if you need any change of clothes, I can ask Mason. You guys are roughly around the same size as him." Fiona asked them.

"No, we are fine. We are in our tracks, so we are good to go." James told her.

"Cool. If anything, just holler. And if you need anything, such as water or food, feel free to use the kitchen."

"Don't mind if I do." James chuckled, which made Justin nod his head sideways.

He felt compelled to slap James across the face.

Fiona really liked how carefree James was. It was endearing. She was about to leave when she decided to warn the two boys, especially James.

"Well, just remember; if you decide to eat anything at night, then by no means touch the Chocolate Cheerios. There is a warning sign on it so you will know to keep your hands to yourself away from that serial."

"Let me guess; this famous idea must be of our beloved trying-to-act-evil-Emily?" James asked curiously.

"Yes, Emily loves her Cheerios more than anything, and I am not even kidding," Fiona stated this as a matter of fact.

Both James and Justin had blank looks on their faces after what Fiona told them.

"I am serious, guys. All the Cheerios in this house that belong to her have a warning label on them. It is one thing to mess with her, and it's another to steal her cheerios without her prior approval. Ask Mason. He had faced her wrath." Fiona told them with a serious face, but she was rolling from laughter on the inside because the look on James and Justin's faces was ridiculous.

"What did she do?" Justin asked her with curiosity. It seemed like some part of him was scared of Emily, but who isn't?

She is way too unpredictable.

"If you don't want your dreams to turn into a nightmare, let's just stick to the rule that you by no means whatsoever, even if you are starving, touch her Cheerios. Anyway, Goodnight."

"Good night." Both mumbled.

With that, Fiona went to Emily's room.

After a few moments of looking at each other and thinking about what Fiona said, Justin and James made themselves comfortable on her bed. Whereas Fiona was concerned, she nestled herself into the blanket which she and Emily were sharing.

There was a lot to talk about with each other, but at the same time, both the girls were tired, so they decided to call it a night. However, Emily couldn't stop herself from asking.

"You did warn those two fools about Cheerios being off-limit for them?"

"Yup, if they know what's good for them, they will stay clear of the kitchen itself." Emily felt relieved after hearing Fiona's words.

"Good."

Emily was content. Fiona wasn't kidding about the entire ordeal. Her best friend loved her cereal more than anything.