CHAPTER 42

Things could not have been better for them. The new house in Phoenix turned out to be better than expected. During the course, they met a few people in the town, and they were warm and welcoming.

Two days ago, they officially left their apartment. They should have moved into their new home by now, but due to a few minor alterations here and there, they had to postpone the scheduled date of their move. Despite the fact that almost all of their possessions had already been shifted, Justin and Fiona were forced to stay at Emily and James' home because of a water issue. However, Justin and Fiona will be able to move into their new house tomorrow.

Currently, it is two in the afternoon. Emily and Fiona were driving towards their new home. Due to some last-minute changes, Justin requested they meet there.

When Emily parked her car in the driveway, they both got out of their seats and headed up to the porch entrance. As they stood in front of the gate, Emily said.

"Fiona, I love your new home. This place is beyond perfect."

"That is all thanks to you and Justin. I don't know how he managed to find this place, but I thank you for sharing with him my desire to live away from the city." Fiona told her.

"That is because we both love you," Emily stated with a knowing smile as Fiona rang the bell.

When no one answered, Fiona rang the bell again. "Why isn't anyone opening the gate?"

"Let me check with James." Before Emily could say anything, James opened the door and welcomed both ladies inside.

"What took you so long?" Fiona asked him.

"I was setting everything together," James informed her, leaving her even more perplexed than before.

"Setting everything? I don't understand what you mean." Fiona said as James led the way into the house.

Fiona was as quiet as stone as she noticed the stairs when James moved aside. The stairwell's barricade was adorned with white daisies.

"Guys, what is going on here?" Fiona asked them.

She had not anticipated this and was utterly unsure of what to expect next. She couldn't figure out what was going on.

"Why don't you find out for yourself? But before you take any step further. Here, take this flashcard." James left Fiona with a handwritten card before heading towards the room where Justin was waiting for him.

Fiona took the card from James's hand. It was a blue color card that had Justin's handwriting on it.

'With every step that you take, it is one step closer for you to reach our new beginning.'

"I don't know what to make of this," Fiona stated out loud, completely mystified by the whole scenario.

On the other hand, Emily had a playful smirk on her face as she tried to encourage her friend to take the steps that Justin indicated. "Don't overthink Fi. Let's just go upstairs and find out."

"Alright." Fiona nodded and took steps, which led her to the first floor.

There was another shocker waiting for her. There was still another surprise in store for her. Fiona had a choice of two paths to choose, one of which was lined with rose petals.

"Oh, there is another card." Emily's exclamation drew Fiona's attention. It was a green-colored card that was taped to the barricade's corner.

'With every step you take, you will find me beside you, holding you, guiding you, supporting you, and loving you.'