Chapter 10 A New Threat of Numbers

A scream causes everyone in the Duel Lodge to wake up. Yusho and the rest of the Sakaki family, as well as the Kamishiro siblings, the Hiiragi family, and the Kurosaki family rush toward her, for fear that Academia has done a sneak attack.

They see Yuni kneeling on the floor as Yusho asks, "Yuni, what's wrong?"

"They...they are gone..." Yuni says with tears starting to form.

"What do you mean they are gone? Yuni? Please tell us." Yuzu asks in a worried tone.

Yuni shouts, "All of my Numbers are gone! They all disappear!"

"What?!" This causes everyone to gasp in shock. Astral appears in solid form and says, "When we woke up, we found that all 108 Numbers monsters are gone. Not a single one has stayed..."

"How could this be?" Yuya asks, "Who would have taken it?"

"It mustn't have been Academia, they wouldn't have learned about how the Number Cards works." Yuni says with anger in her voice.

"Maybe we can find some clues besides the cards?" Katrina says as she then starts to look around, only to find a number on the desk as she is confused.

"Guys, there is something written on the desk." The others also look at the desk and they are confused at the symbols.

"What is this?" Condor asks, and Yuya says, "If I remember correctly, this is the Astral language...that is the number 96."

"But what does 96 mean?" Shark asks, and Astral widens his eyes after thinking about what card is Numbers 96. "No, it can't be... Don't tell me that he is still alive."

"Who is still alive?" Vivian asks. "What do you mean by that?"

"Number 96: Black Mist...he was a fragment of Don Thousand's power that was embedded in Astral's body when he fought against him eons ago." Yuya says.

"Does that mean he is coming back and he is the one that took the Numbers away?" Reisho asks.

"There might be a slight possibility..." Sarah says.

Vivian stares at the number on the simple as she notices something scribbled on the bottom of the number, she looks closer and says, "There are some words underneath the number..."

"What does it say?" Ryu asks.

"Wait for you outside..." Vivian says, and Yuni quickly rushes outside. "Yuni, wait!" Yusho yells, but Yuni is already out.

"Losing Number Cards really impacted her a lot..." Shun says.

"But something tells me that it will be bigger than I've imagined..." Yuya says.

As they rush outside, they see seven people standing in front of them. Yuya and Yuni gasp as they might have some Number monster features inside them. Yuni demands, "Who are you guys, and what do you want?"

A woman with white hair and an outfit made from Crystals is standing in front of them and she says, "We have been waiting for you."

The one who looks the chubbier says, "We are the Seven Sins, and we are here to declare war against you all."

"Declare war against us? We don't have time for this nonsense. We already have Academia to think about and why should we play with you guys?" Shun asks.

The one with a Dragon's armor says, "Watch what you are saying. What we mean, is that we have all the other Numbers that you are missing."

"What?" The others are confused as they each show their own cards. Astral says, "How did you get those cards? Are you the ones that stole our cards?"