Chapter 17 Diamonds and Shogi

After taking a rest in the Duel Lodge, Yuya and the others are now heading towards the second base. But their route is interrupted by a bunch of diamonds. Yuya says, "What is going on here?"

"If you want to get past me, you have to face me in a duel." They see a man made of diamonds appearing from the ground.

"Who are you?" Mark asks, and the man says, "I'm Diamond King. If you want to get through my diamonds, then you have to face me in a Duel!"

"A Duel, you say?" Yuya rolls his eyes, and they are surprised to see two Number Cards in his hands. "Numbers! So you're a Number Spirit?"

"Right, so what do you think? Ready for a Duel?" Diamond King asks.

"I'll duel you." Mark says, and Yuni asks, "Are you sure, Mark?"

"I'm certain." Mark says as he activates his Duel Disk, and with the Field Magic Crossover, the platforms appear.

Johan says, "Why is everything needs to be this complicated?"

"I don't know." Lisa shrugs. "But I think there might be a reason for that."

Mark and Diamond King yell, "Duel!" (Mark:4000)(DK:4000)

"I'll get the first turn." Diamond King says, "I activate Field Magic: Diamond Cavern!"

More Diamonds appear on the field as they feel like they are trapped inside the diamonds. Yuni asks, "What is this?"

"Everything is diamond around here..." Yuya says.

"I Summon Diamond Soldier from my hand!" (ATK:1500/DEF:1000 LV:4) After a Soldier made of Diamonds appears, he continues, "When Diamond Soldier is summoned, I can Special Summon another Diamond Soldier from my hand!"

After the second soldier appears, Astral says, "There are two Level 4 monsters already."

"Be careful, Mark." Yuni says.

"I Overlay my two Level 4 Diamond Soldiers! Xyz Summon! Appear! Numbers 52! Diamond Crab King! (ATK:0/DEF:3000 RNK:4 OVU:2)

After the crab with diamonds on the back and the Number 52 on its claws appear, Diamond King says, "I set one card and end my turn."

Mark says, "ATK 0 in Attack position? This must be a trap, I have to be careful...My turn!"

After drawing a card, he says, "I Summon Villain League: Eye of the Snake from my hand!" (ATK:0/DEF:0 LV:4)

As the snake appears, Mark says, "When I have a Villain League Card on the field, I can Special Summon Villain League: Witch of the Fallen from my hand!" (ATK:1000/DEF:500 LV:4)

With the second monster appearing on the field, Mark sees his Extra Deck glowing and picks out the card. "This is...Numbers..."

He looks at Numbers 52 and says, "I overlay my Level 4 Eye of the Snake and Level 4 Witch of the Fallen! Appear Numbers 82! The Dragon that shows the love towards Heartland! Heartlandraco!" (ATK:2000/DEF:1500 RNK:4 OVU:2)

A pink dragon with the Number 82 on one of the heart patterns appears, Thomas says, "It has a Heartland in the name, huh?"

"I wonder how strong it is..." Jean adds.

But then, Yuni notices that Mark is struggling from the pain with the Number 82 appearing on his cheek. Yuni says, "Mark! Don't give into your darkness..."

"Don't worry. It is not going to affect me." Mark says. "Heartlandraco can attack you directly by detaching one Overlay Unit. Go! Heart Beam!"

The dragon shoots out a lot of hearts at Diamond King, who takes damage because of the attack. (DK:4000-2000)