Chapter 32 The Dark Mist Rises

Back in the Different Dimension Airship, Yuya, Yuni, Vivian, Katrina, Victoria, Rio, and Shark are heading to the next ruins.

Shark says, "So our next destination is some ancient ruins on a deserted island?"

"What traps are waiting for us this time?" Rio asks.

Victoria says, "Probably some nasty traps."

"By the way, you are also from the original world as well, Victoria?" Katrina asks, and Victoria nods. "I am, Zarc and Zarnie are my best friends in school. So I know about this as well."

As they arrive at the ruins, Rio says, "So this Number is related to Vector...the one who tried to kill Merag, right?"

"That's right." Yuni says. "Vector was a person who doesn't like war, but his father does. After his father is ill, he wants all the troops to stop fighting the other countries."

"That doesn't sound the same as what we saw in Nash's ruins." Shark says.

"We'll tell you more when we continue to move forward." Yuya says as they see the broken castle in front of them.

As they enter the castle, Yuya says, "Vector's actions cause his father to be enraged, and his father tried to kill his own son, only for Vector's mother to shield him and take the kill. After his mother died, his father fell prey to his illness."

Yuni says, "Don Thousand comes at this moment, he corrupted Vector to believe that he is the one that kills his parents, and Vector becomes the same as his father."

"So that's why..." Rio says.

As they continue to walk inside the ruins, Victoria says, "After being defeated by Nash and Merag, Vector goes back here and he starts to doubt everyone and anyone, casting judgment upon them. He lived as a person who stole the lives of everyone around him...which means...he kills everyone else until he is the last one standing here."

"That's so cruel..." Vivian says.

"It is cruel." Yuni says. Just then, they accidentally fall into a trap and they find themselves in a prison jail.

"What the? How are we locked up?" Rio asks in surprise. Victoria says, "This is the execution room..."

They see that Katrina and Vivian are locked in one jail, Victoria and Rio are locked in the other one, and Yuya and Shark are in the third one. While Yuni is not in jail as he is outside on a platform.

"Why are you not in there while we are?" Shark asks, and Yuni says, "I don't know...but I'll definitely save you all!"

Victoria says, "That area is where Nash eventually finds Vector in his last moments. They had a Shadow Duel with the loser falls to hell."

"Nash won the duel, and Vector was killed by its own trap and the souls of the ones he killed. But he returned, as a Barian Emperor." Yuya says.

"There are a lot of weapons around here if you ask me." Katrina says.

"So you are here for a Number Card, huh?" Just then, Numbers 96 Black Mist appears in front of them, and Yuni says, "Numbers 96?"

"It has been a while, Astral. Here, we can Duel each other to our heart's content. The Number is right here." Numbers 96 shows the Number 65 on his hand, and Victoria says, "How the hell is Number 96 still alive?"

"That is another question that we need to know." Just then, Rio's Empress key glows and Enna appears, and Victoria is surprised to see her as well.

Yuni says, "Astral, it seems like Numbers 96 is challenging you in this duel...even though I don't need to take your body, but I want your Number Cards, that is after I defeat you in the duel!"