Chapter 39 Belles and Whistles

Yuni and Ryo are following Reira back to the Duel Lodge, they see a worried Ruri talking to Yusho and Yuni asks, "Dad! Ruri! Did Sayaka really run away?"

Ruri nods in worry and she says, "She feels like she is useless as she wants to prove herself."

"But she is reckless! What if she is in danger?" Ryo asks, and Yusho says, "Yuya, Gongenzaka, Sawatari, Shun, and Allen are chasing after her. Yuya gives the commanding role to Katrina."

"I see." Yuni frowns, "I hope everything is going all right."

Sayaka is running until she is stopped by the Taylor Sisters. "I wouldn't think a citizen of Heartland would be outside all alone."

"It doesn't look like she has any comrades with her."

The blonde and silver-haired female Duel Academy soldiers descend a flight of stairs, the blonde woman asks, "Is she with the Lancers? This must be our lucky day, Grace."

"Yes. Before we head to our base, why don't we get a present for Edo and Noroma, Gloria?" Grace asks.

Sayaka is gasping in fear, and she hears a voice calling to her, "Sayaka!"

Allen arrives and Sayaka says, "Allen!"

"Now you run away, I'll handle them." Allen says.

"Oh my, now a friend is here." Grace says. "Now we'll get two cards as gifts." Gloria adds.

"Quit messing around. I will protect Sayaka." Allen says. "What are you doing? Just hurry up and go!"

"But..." Sayaka says with worry.

"It's fine, just run away!" Allen says.

"No, I don't want to regret this again!" Sayaka says.

"You...what are you saying?" Allen is confused, but Grace interrupts them. "Isn't it fine? Why don't we have a tag battle? There are two people on both sides, aren't there?"

"I agree. Let's have a 2 vs. 2 Tag Duel. The field, LP, and Graveyard will be shared according to the Tag Rules." Gloria says.

"This is fine." Sayaka says, but Allen asks, "Are you really okay with this?"

"I am. I have made up my mind. I won't run away anymore! I will find the courage to fight."

Sayaka straps on her Duel Disk and activates it. Allen eventually smiles and activates his own Duel Disk, saying, "Then I'll go as well!"

"It sure has been a long time." Gloria excitedly whispers and she activates her Duel Disk.

"This will be fun." Grace simply comments as she also activates her own Disk.

"Duel!" (Allen+Sayaka: 4000)(Grace+Gloria: 4000)

"I'll go first! I summon Ruffian Limited Express Battrain from my hand!" (ATK:1800/DEF:1000 LV:4)

As the Railway monster roars onto the field, Allen says, "I'm dishing out the first punch! I can give up the battle and give you 500 damage by using its effect!"

Ruffian Railcar blasts two bursts of light at Gloria and Grace, causing them damage. (Grace+Gloria: 4000-3500)

"You sure are energetic." Grace says. "Then we'll answer this greeting with our own." Gloria says.

"You guys are letting your guard down because you thought I couldn't attack this first turn, right? I end my turn." Allen says.

"We never let our guard down once we return to the battlefield." Gloria says."My turn!"