iii. call it something else

LOVE FANGS

an assembly was being held, taking away the time of the last class of the day. normally, this would bring joy to the students, but it didn't this one time. everyone was quiet, you could hear a pin drop, no one dared to say a word, out of respect.

recently a student died, or at least that's what people chose to call it, death, deep inside you knew that wasn't the case, not in a billion years, it couldn't be a sudden death.

at your left, sat k, looking down to the marble floor with an unreadable expression, gripping the chair he sat on with both hands. he had a lot of self control currently, anyone would have already punctured holes in the chair with their nails.

k was friends with the student who was murdered since first year.

bitting the inside of your cheek, your eyes went back straight ahead, muting the voice of the principal, who only spoke meaningless nonsense.

it was very obvious what they would said, that the police would investigate and question some students, roam around, that he was a good student and will be missed.

those words didn't matter, the murder had already happened and you were sure everyone from the group knew the prime suspects.

you knew that if you could check the student's body, you would find two small holes in the side of his neck, skin as pale as pearls, and completely drained of blood.

with him on your mind, your friends also came along, as you thought what would happen if one day they were just murdered. they would disappear from the world, to some, it would even be as if they never existed.

but if something happened to one of them, every single person from the group would suffer, for hours, days, months, years, who knew.

it would be like losing a part of their soul.

the principal soon stopped talking, instructing everyone that they could leave, since the period had finished.

you stood up quickly, shaking away the gloomy feeling, remembering they only give you a 10 minute break before extracurricular classes, sports and detention starts.

in your case, you have to miss practice because the nicest teacher of the year, decided that it was a good idea sending you to detention for doing nothing. ignoring everyone's slow pace, you made your way quickly out of the auditorium, running as fast as your legs can take you.

your dormitory was a bit far from where you were, about 6 minutes speed walking, but you can turn them into 4 just by running, then some minutes to organize some things, go to the bathroom, and 4 to run back since classrooms where detention was being held today are in this tower.

the school had a "castle-like" structure, or a big mansion with a green field on the middle.

the front side, which was the main building, had the front desk, principals and the secretary office, auditory, library and more things like that, which students barely went to.

then, the one on the right, from birds-eyes view, had three floors, one for all first years, one for second years, and the top one for third years.

fourth year classrooms were on the left side, on the top floor. then came the science lab, infirmary, teachers lounge, and on the first floor, the cafeteria.

the last section, as you could call it, consisted of all the dormitories, from first years to fourth.

lastly, the field for sports practice was behind the school, with a metal fence separating it from the forest.