x. shadows in the forest

LOVE FANGS

sky as dark as obsidian, the cold wind consumed the road, as time consumed itself. a group of friends that came from a party walked back to their school tiredly.

taki let a yawn escape from his mouth, tilting his head forwards, trying to see if he was capable of sleep walking.

sooha had ran back to the vampires house a few seconds before she could part ways to go on her own, leaving k to follow her just in case anything happened.

you could feel a pair of eyes scanning your face, so you turned just to see wonyoung squinting at you "what's that choi beomgyu's kid deal huh?"

you furrowed your brows at her question, not understanding what she was implying "what do you mean?"

her eyes widened, as if what she meant was obvious "hello?? are you going to go on dates or something?"

to this, everyone stopped walking.

"WHO?!"

"DATES?!"

"WHAT IS A BEOMGYU?!"

"WONYOUNG?!"

she shrugged "well, that's what people that like each other do, don't they?"

your friends eyes fell back on you, waiting for a good reply.

"i don't like him" you spoke, watching your every word.

"yeah sure"

"wony!" you cried out loud, as she laughed, running fast, making you try to catch her for a good explanation.

the night was calm, not much noise around except for some leaves rustling, branches creaking, and taki's awfully loud yawns every two seconds.

"im...WUUAAAAaaaa, when are we getting home" the boy tiredly rubbed his eyes, sniffing.

jo looked at his friend, then back at the road with an eye roll, asking himself how can he be so tired and being done with life.

"i saaaAAAAAWW that jo" taki kept yawning like a cat. every time you all tried to walk in silence, he had to interrupt, causing everyone to laugh at him.

but then something happened, a strange feeling situated at your stomach, not sickness of some sort, it was as if your instinct told you you had to be alert.

pausing momentarily, your eyes snakily roamed the  forest trees, on both sides, and up to their tops.

"waAAAW-mai?"

the others, who just continued walking, too sleepy to notice you stopped, walked over to you.

jo's brows furrowed, understanding the situation a tiny bit.

when suddenly, a shadow was starting to quickly cast over wonyoung. you sped over to her side, taking the girl in your arms, and pushing both aside.

the figure fell to the ground, rapidly getting back on their feet, straight enough for everyone to see a pair of white pearls shine.

the boys were taken back, not thinking something like this would happen, but ej thought quickly, going over to your side to ask if you both were okay.

acknowledging his question with a nod, your eyes scanned over the girl in your arms, her body felt warm and it didn't tremble from fear, but her tear stained eyes told a different story. at this, you bit your lip, knowing you had to take a decision, a good one and quickly.

your hands found their way to her jaw, gently making her look up at you "wony, ej is going to take you back to school okay?" a soft smile made her almost believe everything was going to be okay.

ej looked in her direction at this, firmly nodding.

"no.. no no, what about everyone, what do you mean?" she looked around, seeing the others slowly being cornered by mysterious figures.

"i'll promise you something" your brown eyes mixed with hers "please sleep, and don't think about this, i'll be in the dorm before you wake up, trust me" you passed her body to ej, who held her on his back, getting ready to run as fast as he could.

before they disappeared from sight, his eyes glowed golden, etching a small smirk to your lips, knowing she will be safe and better not knowing the truth.