xvii. call for help

LOVE FANGS

unknown hello

unknown
hello. this is yang jungwon
is this komiya mai's number?

mai
no

unknown
oh. i'm so sorry, do you happen
to know her real number by any
chance? it's a critical matter

mai
yang jungwon, this is me
but stop talking like that
as if u were a king or something
or i'm not replying anymore

unknown
okay i'll stop
i didn't know how to
talk with you okay?

mai
okay i guess
why did you text me???

yang jungwon
i need your help

mai
?????? what

yang jungwon
can we meet up please

mai
no??
why would i

yang jungwon
please !!! it's urgent

mai
no, not after everything that
happened at ur guys house w them

yang jungwon
komiya i'm serious
undelivered

yang jungwon
hello????
undelivered

yang jungwon
i really need help
undelivered

yang jungwon
please ...
undelivered

turning the device off, your eyes went back to the girl in front of the class, doing a presentation about mythical creatures

history was the worst subject ever in your opinion, math didn't count since you hated it so much you don't even acknowledge it's existence.

looking to the desk besides, your eyes widened in horror upon seeing nicholas taking actual notes of the presentation and being interested.

a mischievous smile etched your lips, your feet kicked his kneecap from under the desk, making the boy mess up what he was writing and get startled, gathering everyones attention.

nicholas stood up embarrassed - accompanied by rosy cheeks - bowing politely to the girl and also the teacher for the sudden interruption.

your eyes looked away, knowing he was glaring at you for the little stunt with the teacher.

after the girl's presentation, the class went on pretty quick, the teacher grading some papers and letting everyone do whatever.

looking at the class schedule on the class group chat on your phone, your eyes widened in realization when seeing the next subject.

nicholas stared at you weirded out, sometimes thinking you were too dramatic for things "are you going to skip?"

"yeah, i forgot to do the homework" gathering your things quickly, phone, charger, earphones and a box of apple juice.

"he's gonna hate you so much" nicho snickered, not taking his eyes off his phone, reminding you how much that teacher hated every single student, and would do so even more with you

you whined "i know! just- tell him i'm having personal problems, or something"

soon enough, the bell rang, but instead of a desk, you found yourself in the library's second floor. what was good about this spot, was that no librarians came and tried talking with you.

the farthest corner in here had a charging spot, next to a bean bag, you immediately threw yourself to it, connecting your phone into the plug.

checking to see how much it charged, your eyes only scanned over a battery symbol. it had zero battery.

groaning to yourself for forgetting to charge it in class and deciding to use it to play some games, your body left the comfortableness of the bean bag, walking over to a crooked bookshelf.

rapidly reading the book titles with your head tilted to the side, your stopped on one specific, taking it out with a bit of dust.

"origin and history about werewolves" you read out, trying not to smile at how convenient the title was.

the book started with a small author introduction, shaking your head to this, you continued flipping through.

it said things about greek mythology, according to an old legend, zeus, was angry when served a meal by lycaon - son of pelasgus - made distinguishably from the remains of a sacrifice. the god of thunder decided to turn him, and his own sons into wolves.

another legend stated that werewolves came from the epic of gilgamesh, the oldest known western prose, when gilgamesh jilted a potential lover because she had turned her previous mate into a wolf.

you couldn't lie, you had no idea what was the origin of werewolves, choosing not to believe any legend in the case they were false.

more ink was printed into the next pages, talking about the full moon, known werewolves, stories with vampires, etcetera.

"they always have to being them into our lives" you rolled your eyes, closing the book with a small noise.

with cold air, you were pushed, your back to the bookshelf, the said book falling to the ground loudly.

"help me" the voice ran through, breathlessly.

your eyes met once again like before, with a pair that you thought never to see again, yang jungwon.

his eyes seemed on fire, desperate for this "help" he wanted urgently from your part.

you sighed, thinking it was someone else, but got tense upon hearing heavy footsteps, the librarian.

"is anyone there?" she called out, walking closer to your spot. if she found you alone, you were sure she would start shouting and what-else, as she seems to only know how to hate you.

you were sure some of the teachers here had a sort of hate club dedicated to you, and only you.

in panic, you stared at jungwon, regretting what you were about to do immensely, almost gagging.

your face buried on the crook of his neck, fitting perfectly between his black hoodie, feeling his soft ice skin.

you sensed the librarian stopping right in front of the scene, feeling her eyes burn into your back specially.

jungwon's body moved on its own, sucking air in, followed by pulling your warm body closer to his cold one, clashing waves of temperature.

after a few seconds, you couldn't smell anyone near, so you quickly pushed jungwon off with more-than-natural red cheeks, crossing your arms in awkwardness "sorry if i made you uncomfortable" you quickly muttered.

he instantly knew you were hiding from any teacher, only nodding, taking a step back, not thinking much about it.

feeling a bit weird because of the situation, and your embarrassing actions, you spoke once again "as an apology.. i'll help you with what you wanted"

this brought red hues back into your brown eyes.