viii. birthday boy? birthday vampire

LOVE FANGS

"no way i'm taking you with us"

k looked down, and then back at you with teary eyes like a cartoon "please please please please-"

"can you shut up?" jo rolled his eyes at his senior, never seeing someone act so weird and childish for someone else.

"you know, we are going because it's a party and we wanna have fun, maybe piss off some vampires, you only wanna go because sooha will be there" you crossed your arms, staring down at your friend, who was already dressed up.

wonyoung was chatting her life away with nicholas, talking about some teachers that weren't very friendly.

"okayy, i'm ready!" taki exited his room shooting fake bullets around, acting as a spy with his new clothes "pow pow! pow- what- why are you dressed up?" he paused immediately, looking at k.

"i'm going too"

"who gives the orders here?" you barked back.

"okay okay, everyone calm down" taki smiled drunkly on air like the cheshire cat, placing an arm over your shoulder "he's in love, l-o-v-e-"

you pushed taki off of you sourly "i know how to spell"

"give him a chance, what's the worse that could happen?" taki shrugged, high-fiving his roommate, who was happy that at least someone was on his side.

"you are taking care of him"

"i never sai-"

"okay! let's go!" you linked arms with wonyoung, as nicholas also followed, with jo, k and taki trailing behind.

your girl friend was dressed in high waisted jeans, a white short sleeved blouse and a white ribbon tying two strands of her hair in the back.

that was her style, pretty and neat.

the trip to the house, which for some reason was in the middle of nowhere, was quite fun.

nicholas kept cracking lame jokes every now and then, you took some pictures with wonyoung in some flower fields as well, it was funny how k kept daydreaming about his crush, annoying jo until he almost lost it, turned into a wolf, and ran away, but because of wony, he sadly couldn't do as desired.

taki was far ahead, deciding to make a run for it, but got tired quickly, so he sat on a rock in the middle of the road while waiting for the rest to catch up.

the sky was still light blue, many puffy clouds floating in it. you could hear some birds chirping in the distance, fluttering theirs wings.

your eyes moved to wonyoung, imagining how it is to live a life not being able to experience small things like this, being able to hear the smallest of noises faraway or still having a warm body even when the weather was extremely cold.

you would be lying if you were to say you hated human life, as wolves and humans interacted much in the past, they had a silent pact of being friends.

everyday your mind wondered about them, since there were not much differences, apart from being able to transform and some enhanced senses.

"what are you thinking about?" a hand tapped your shoulder, followed by a melodic voice.

you squinted your eyes a tiny bit, since the sun hit from behind her "nothing important, i just wonder, with the nightball competition coming soon, and exams too, how am i gonna handle all" your hands covered your face, hating the feeling of lying.

"ahh, maybe i can help you study, i'm not the best but we can go over the things we're lacking in and try to understand them~" she smiled brightly.

you thanked wonyoung endlessly, every time you studied with her was like having the best teacher of all.

"is this the vamp-the house?" jo accidentally almost spilled out a word when arriving.

the six sunshine city school students stood upon a country house, it looked nice, but from the windows you could see multi colored lights and heard pieces of loud music.

do all vampires live like this?

"look! it's sooha!" before any of you could process the words and what was happening, k ran away from the group quickly, nearing the vamp house.

you followed behind, seeing heeseung and sunoo chatting with her, as your friend rudely interrupted their conversation.

"sooha"

"yes?" she turned around.

"i'm happy to see you here!" k said, openly ignoring the other two, who were left with disgusted faces.

you arrived at the scene, pulling him by the back of his collar, making k whine, waiting for the others to come behind as well.

"well if it isn't kim sunoo" taki smirked.

"taki.. i didn't actually think they'd invite you, what are you doing here?" sunoo placed an extremely displeased face on, he had to be the best in showing how much he didn't like wolves.

"i could ask you the same"

"it's my house, fyi, for your information, i built it myself, with my own hands and no help" the strawberry blonde laughed proudly.

"i know what fyi means" taki evidently rolled his eyes "fyi, don't care didn't ask and you're not that smart to build a house yourself"

sunoo gasped, not hearing that 7th grade comeback in forever "fyi don't reflect your insecurities on me"

taki clicked his tongue at sassy-noo "fyi never have done that, talk to the hand" he placed his hand in front of sunoo's face.

"fyi you smell like wet dog" sunoo sticked his tongue out, pinching his small nose.

this made something inside of takis brain switch his anger level from "not very angered" to "very extremely dangerously angry"

"who are you calling wet dog?! you blood-!" taki was easily pulled back by nicho, as he kept kicking his feet, sunoo being in the same situation, in the arms of heeseung.

face palming, you looked over at wonyoung, who was filming everything, silently cheering for taki and nicholas, covering her mouth so her laughs didn't attract attention for the boys.

once inside, you looked around, the house was decorated with red and white balloons, a big blue banner that held the words 'happy birthday' and tables covered in cloth with plates.

wonyoung found some people in the dance floor, nicholas and jo went over to a mini-football game, taki furiously stomped to a table with cupcakes, and k, well, we don't talk about him and whatever he was rambling to sooha about.

you sighed, finally being free from your friends who acted like a group of kids.

stepping into the kitchen, you grabbed a black plastic cup, turning some bottles that were placed on the island to see the labels "coke, water, apple juice.."

"thought i smelled something nasty, turns out it was you" a voice suddenly spoke.

"...cranberry juice? pft! mm water again, do vampires not drink any alcohol?" you spoke to yourself, but knowing he heard you, giving up on it and just taking a pink lemonade bottle.

"what are you and your wolf gang doing here?" the voice came closer, placing their hands on the counter dangeroulsy.

"we got invited, remember? even got a letter" you spat, placing the bottle back in its place after being done with it, sniffing your cup two times and drinking the whole contents in one go.

looking over to him, you sensed from his face that he was angry, maybe bothered. but vampires didn't have feelings right? how could he be so then.

"left your gift at the entrance by the way"

"i don't want anything from you"

you sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time that day, walking past jungwon - not forgetting to bump on his side - and back into the party.