xviii. like animals

LOVE FANGS

the oak trees in the woods gave off a natural smell, mixing with the wind as it went by, carrying thoughts and memories of those who walked by sometime.

a pair of students, much looked very much lost walking through the tress separate from each other, glancing in random directions, but they were everything but lost.

you kept sinking your shoes under the brown and orange leaves, kicking them up while advancing by the road.

soon, yang jungwon stopped walking, being in front of a cave. you noticed the gloomy aura around the space, and some claw markings on the trees nearby, a strong wet animal scent filling your nose.

"whats this?" you kept looking forward into the darkness between the rocks.

your least favorite companion didn't utter a single word, only motioning his head for you to walk into that.

you looked between him and the cave, shaking your head "uh uh are you mental?"

"come on.. you promised" jungwon crossed his arms, turning to you with a pout.

you were at a loss of words, stuttering trying to prove your point "w-well that was before i knew you wanted me to go into that.. whatever that is and get myself killed!"

he rolled his eyes, taking your arm and dragging you to the entrance "i can't go in, you know, i'm a vampire, but i know you will be able to, and bring what i need from in there"

squinting your eyes at the teenager, you sighed, pulling your arm away from him, shrugging his grip off "if i die, at least make it look like i died while doing something cool" you muttered bitterly, going closer the the place.

placing a hand on the big rocks, you wondered if he really brought you here so that his brothers could kill you or something, but hesitated on that thought once there was really no reason to do so, right?

walking into a vast-full darkness, shadows surrounded your every step, hearing small sounds of insects and the crushing leaves under your shoes.

in the short distance, a deep growl echoed loud enough to stop you "i knew it"

but what changed your mind about going back and fight with jungwon, was a pained whine that followed, intriguing your natural curiousness.

into the land of obscureness, laid a suffering half-wolf half-human, sharp fangs peeking out between bloody lips, long slender nails clawing at the ground and himself with madness, leaving scratches and open wounds.

"park sunghoon..."

his name reached his ears, attracting his attention to the person who stood a few feet away from him. your eyes looked over his wounds and cuts, as blood dripped out of them.

recalling jungwon's words i can't go in, you know, i'm a vampire, but i know you will be able to, and bring what i need from in there. so this was what the help was about, and why you could only fix it.

it was obvious that he didn't want to expose the situation at all, but somehow knew you would understand at some point, when seeing sunghoon.

the teenager weakly tried to crawl to you, the indescribable pain of not being able to fully turn barely letting him move inches.

"sunghoon, no! stop!" you kneeled next to him, taking his arms in your strong grip.

he trashed and turned agonizingly, muffled screams leaving his mouth as he buried his face into your shoulder with choked sobs.

letting out a slow breath, black veins appeared in your hands, starting from the tip of your fingers, starting to consume up.

the boy had finally started to calm down, as the constant pain washed away slowly, but it felt relieving to him, how his broken bones and cuts didn't hurt him much, it felt.. slightly bearable.

on the other hand, you felt uncomfortable, not because of what you were doing, but his feelings said that, his vampire body wasn't comfortable as to turn into another creature, the bone structure of a vampire being completely different to the wolf.

vampires jaws can open widely, and keep the similar-to-human shape, while as transforming into a werewolf, your brain cavity adjusts to a longer jaw, and wide eye sockets.

you could not possibly imagine the pain he felt, making a reminder to go search for some flowers as an old lady back in your hometown once taught you, could heal the pain of transforming.

sunghoon's breath was still quick, matching his hearts pace, stray tears resting on his pale cheeks "it hurts..."

this changed everything, unknowingly, with the act you made, it also created a bond between the two werewolves, he was one of them now.

"it's okay, it'll be over soon.."