xix. pety arguments

LOVE FANGS

if you were to have a chance to talk with your young 12 year old self, and tell her about all of the things you have done today- no, in the past weeks, she would try to cut your neck open with her own claws, very bloody.

she would think she was crazy at first, of course. then call you crazy for "hanging out" with vampires, and letting them near humans, after many name callings and insults to your whole existence, she would try to end it.

but you don't have that chance to go back in time, luckily for yang jungwon, park sunghoon and yourself.

any werewolf from back home would have a heart attack from the current scene.

park sunghoon is a very shy individual, no, not shy, but closed off, he didn't like to be seen as weak or different, both having the same meaning in his own mental dictionary, hence why he never spoke to his brothers about his other half.

but now, he was glued to the hip with someone who is supposed to be his enemy.

after taking sunghoon out from the cave as he slipped in and out of consciousness, the vampire waiting for that action could only stand feet away and watch, knowing better than to get close.

park sunghoon had an arm draped over your shoulders, as you carried him with no difficulty over to lean on a rock.

slithering away from his hold, as the teen kept opening and closing his eyes, the other vampire decided it was the opportunity to get closer.

"thank you" he muttered softly, a strange feeling settling in his chest, seeing you took care of his brother.

wiping away some sweat and blood from the half werewolf face and neck with your hand, you could only nod to those words, unconsciously a smile forming on your lips.

but then something made your smile drop, small holes in sunghoon's skin, perfectly matching vampire fangs "is it safe for him to go back?" you traced your fingers over the marks carefully.

"no, i wouldn't say it is. this happened and well, the others weren't too.. happy about it. so i decided to bring sunghoon here, he has been at it for days, then-"

"days?!" you let out breathless, standing up "he had been like this for days?! do you know the pain your brother has been in?"

"what was i supposed to do?! just go up to you and say 'hey my brother is acting like a rabid dog, help me'? as if it was so easy" the yang boy scoffed, crossing his arms.

you stared at him in disbelief "what did you just say? rabid dog? is just everywhere that comes from your mouth an insult?"

"yah, you know what i mean!"

"no i don't. much less what is your damn obsession with insulting" for years, you have been treated poorly by vampires, and their uncreative insults, what he said was merely nothing, but it seemed to strike, even after what you just did for him "just, shut up for once in your life, yang jungwon, and stop acting so entitled"

"me? have you seen yourself?!"

"yeah i have, and i'm not the one going around my life so happy after my brother was attacked by my other brothers!"

"do you really think i'm happy..? yes because seeing sunghoon almost torn apart by someone
in my family is just what i want to see every-"

"shut up, let me think, i need to care for your brother because apparently you are unable to" you snapped, making the other stay silent immediately.

he can fight back all he wanted with words, but in his mind he knew he was at fault too, he didn't step in when sunghoon was attacked, all he could do was watch, frozen in a spot.

a few seconds after, an idea popped into your head, so with the stamina you had left, sunghoon was back again in your hold "i know where to go"

jungwon's interest perked up at this, listening to you speak "it's not far, you can come too, or stay here being useless"

without a second thought, he watched as his non-blood relative and a girl started walking away.

"and i'm the entitled one"