vi. love is terrifying

LOVE FANGS

the bright eclipsed moon drew attention to itself as a ruby between pearls that night, as you raced with five other wolves in the sand. howls echoed across the vast sea, while jo bumped against you harshly, receiving a snarl from getting a bit of sand into your eyes.

his yellow eyes looked over in your direction apologetically, whining an apology.

over running him, the rest simply followed behind, teasing him, stopping a few seconds later by a single lamppost.

all of them - nervously even - waited for a cue, as if waiting for the most exciting moment ever in their lives. upon receiving the first howl, instantly a crowd of the same sounds overpowered the waves clashing.

there are many right and wrongs stories about wolves, specifically about werewolves. like how the moon affects them and their temper, it was true that it did, many couldn't even control the urge to transform to an animal at the full moon. but it was the eclipses, like tonight, that had a greater effect, on every single wolf.

they can still be able to transform with an eclipse, the moon was powerful, even if it was hidden from plain sight or they somehow try to hide from it.

but what was special about this night, and sort of cliche, is that werewolves fall in love with the first person they see in sight when not in animal form, and they love them, and only them for the rest of their lives.

lunar eclipses don't happen often, so tonight was a night to remember, without turning into humans.

the single thought of being bound to be in love with someone who probably won't feel the same back was terrifying.

"stupid! why would you do that?!"

it was already afternoon, and after a troublesome school day, k came to the dorm where you all met in, dropping some news.

a hard book repeatedly hit his head, he crouched down at the floor like a scared puppy, covering his head with his arms.

"are you fucking serious?!" you continued to lunge at him, leaving scratches all over his arms, through the white shirt, staining it with small drops of blood.

"i'm sorry!"

taki trembled as he watched with fright from k's bed, hiding himself  behind a pillow, which didn't work much since he was much bigger than it.

nicholas and ej held your arms, which also didn't work since they weren't as strong, meaning of their rank in the pack.

"you are.. sorry?!" you scoffed, with an unbelievable tone "I DONT WANT APOLOGIES!!!" his head was banged with various objects repeatedly.

a few minutes later, the four guys were left alone, as you decided to go take a walk to get your mind off of this, making time for cheer practice.

"i can't believe him" a huff escaped your lips, stomping some flowers till death in the forest, far away from school.

"how can he be so calm? "oh i transformed into a human in the night of the eclipse and ran into sooha, she was so beautiful and i love her!" beautiful and love her my ass" you spat, imitating k.

"i don't mind if my best friend has a crush, at all, but falling in love with someone for the rest of his live? just because of some mistake? i cannot be happy about that, cause ...what if she rejects him.." you continued to talk with yourself.

ever since you were a kid, and turned into the leader of this bunch of idiots, you always protected them, not like a mother, more like a bigger sister, even if you all were almost the same age.

because of your parents deaths because of sickness, you matured at a young age, having responsibilities you shouldn't be having.

for some time, you didn't live as a human, everything was easier as an animal, getting food, traveling or even showering. life was simple, but you couldn't ignore your human nature forever or you would be blinded by wildness.

it was that dreadful day that you returned to the place that shouldn't be called home, the red covered your eyes, making it obvious for everyone that there was a new leader.

the kids happily followed behind their new role model. same as your four friends, who even followed you to this school.

later, more werewolves felt the need to join you. they didn't want an old leader, with old ideals. they also enrolled in the same school, and some already studied there before you joined, but had nowhere to go to or a sense of belonging.

you have never had the chance or even time to think about having partner, there has been small crushes here and there on some classmates, confessions and rumors, normal teenage life, but nothing serious like committing to someone your whole life.

what was the point of being in a relationship for some time and then breaking up because of some stupidity. you didn't want that, love like that type tasted sour in your mouth, you wanted a person who will let you be free, but won't get bored of you at the same time.

since that was never happening, you chose being single and having these small interactions.

without stepping over the seriousness line.

a broken branch brought you into reality, snapping your head towards the noise.

a deer stood there, locking it's eyes with you.

he should sense there was an animalistic aura around, only trailing it over to you, who were human right now.

a breath from you caused the deer to ran off in panic, almost hitting itself with a big tree, dodging branches here and there.