iv. pointing fingers

LOVE FANGS

trees and animals rapidly flashed by as the air hit your face coldly like ice. the soles of your school shoes clashed against the moist dirt.

trying to carry less weight on top, you ditched the school sports jacket you had on, leaving it far behind forgotten in between leaves and branches.

your eyes only had one focus, a red straight line ahead. if you didn't get there really soon, it was uncertain that the situation between all of them would be pretty, or even safe to be near

quickening your pace more then you have done in years, you noticed the end of the forest drew closer.

the trail of smell that they left also came nearing, feeling much stronger now.

decelis academy was big, and the structure was really similar to sunshine school, with a big bell tower on the middle front. as the totality of the perimeter was surrounded by a sharp metal fence.

looking around - just in case anyone was roaming around - you jumped over the fence, holding onto the bars for support. it may look illegal, maybe it was trespassing, the thought quickly left your mind, as your nose flinched when sensing another smell.

it felt warm, but colder that yours. not cold enough to be a vampire, since their smells are non detectable.

a human.

it feels and smells like human, but there's something else you thought, running over to were your nose led you.

also, trash? why would they be near a dumpster? you snorted at the thought, imagining the four comically diving into the trash, even though they weren't raccoons.

suddenly stopping, you saw an unexpected scene.

"hey you!" k spoke, both arms crossed, directing towards a tall pale boy "who said you can leave? we're not done talking to you" his words left his mouth with anger.

your three friends were standing in what seemed to be a defense position, except ej, who dead panned.

"well i am"

on the other side, three individuals stood, including the one k spoke to, you immediately knew they were vampires, as their pale skin accompanied a cold aura.

"so get out of our campus right now"

and, a girl.

long brown hair, purple eyes, there was still something weird about them.

ignoring the vamp club you headed straight to your friends, as k opened his big mouth again "it was you guys who killed a student of ours wasn't it?"

a vampire, who held the girl on his right arm, back to everyone spoke "you got the wrong people"

there was something you could never stand, when others leave you alone talking, or ignore you, as they try to get away from the situation. so there was no way you would let an old blood sucker without manners treat k like that.

"are you sure about that or is it because the girl is with you?"

your voice cut the cold air, paralyzing everyone, the pack turned to you, noticing a small red shadow surrounding your eyes, they knew this was going to get bad if the vampire kept messing up.

walking past k, ej, nicho, and taki, your eyes locked with him, the one who was trying to get away.

but he didn't answer, instead, another one did for him "we wouldn't do something like that"