xiv. hell of a house

LOVE FANGS

slowly, your heart beat started to increase by each passing second, resulting in your body sitting straight up in halt.

flashes of the night before ran through your mind like thunder bolts, remembering everything until your vision went black.

my arm..

looking to the right, your arm returned to normal now, but was hurt, like when you get a very powerful vaccine, it wasn't really that bad, you could be able move it, ignoring the annoying pain.

the strangely cold surroundings weren't familiar at all, the room you were in, was very organized and clean, even though it seemed kind of old.

the fireplace was completely clean, meaning someone had to take care of it, but didn't care to light it up.

there were no memories of what had exactly happened after healing jungwon, but your best guess was that they left you there in the middle of the forest to your own luck, or on the front door of some random person nearby so they could take you in.

sighing in defeat, you slid out of the semi neat bed, taking slight interest in some decorations of the room, deciding to see if it was safe or dangerous being here. there were no noises from the other side of the door, meaning no one was home.

a few framed pictures of flower fields and the beach resided on top of a table, next to a small royal-looking box.

you took said item delicately in your hands, opening it up with a small creek, and being in surprise when seeing the inside, it was a music box.

a pink tule dress ballerina stood in the middle of a ballet position, head looking high and their porcelain face remaining beautiful, waiting for the gear to be turned so the music could play, but you decided to leave it as it was, closing it and putting the box black in its place.

still wearing the same clothes for yesterday, except for the shoes, that you found were next to the bed, you thought it was probably time to leave - because your phone was nowhere in the room as well - holding the pair in your hand and walking silently to the room door.

once passing by a full length oak-frame mirror next to it, and slightly fixing your hair so it looked a but more presentable, you turned the door knob, exiting the room.

but much to your dismay, there was someone in the house, someone who you did not expect to be here at all.

"lee heeseung?"

"komiya mai?"

he stared right back at you with an unreadable expression from across the hall, hair very messy from doing who knows what.

"why are you here?" both said at the same time.

your question earning a glare from the vampire "well, this is my house" he ran a hand through his hair, somewhat annoyed but finally getting to know what was the weird feeling he had yesterday.

your eyes widened, as your hand held onto the doorframe from shock, in case any vampire were to attack you could slam the door in their face and have time to slightly plan what to do.

"oh you finally found her" a low voice from the right spoke.

ni-ki stood there with a mean-ish smirk, a bitten apple on hand. he stepped closer to both of you, but kept his distance.

"why is she here?" heeseung turned to the youngest, completely ignoring you.

you rolled your eyes, even though you couldn't speak for yourself of why you ended up being here, it was still annoying that he asked a vampire, ni-ki and not you about yourself.