vii. letter

LOVE FANGS

that morning, you were woken up by a really loud noise, hurting your ears, it was your roommate blasting music.

she was also in the cheer team, but practiced dancing every now and then, cheer was more of a hobby she had, but the school didn't have any dance clubs.

"wony! turn it down!" you covered your ears down with the fluffy pillows, hoping it would help the noise die down a bit.

"what?! i can't hear you?" she continued dancing, still in pajamas, to a song called secret story of the swan, moving quite gracefully for it to be early morning and having no food or water in her body yet.

earning a groan from you, you decided on shutting yourself in the bathroom, waiting for her to be over.

and as said. a few moments later, the music completely stopped, but it wasn't the end of the song, it was just paused.

then three knocks on the bathroom door "there's something for you~" wonyoung said.

it was perfect having her as a roommate, sometimes, you could recall the first days you saw her in school when enrolling and getting the first years tour, then meeting in the same room everyday as roommates. it was like an angel followed you around. she wasn't the type to have many close friends, but she considered you one and that made you happy.

both shared the same mindset, that it wasn't necessary to be with someone 24/7 and text them all the time to be friends.

so it was pretty nice that you had your space, same as her, not counting the times on cheer practice, some lunch times, nor class.

but you had a stronger connection of not just friends, but family, with some other individuals.

stepping out of your bathroom cave, she handed the envelope over, with a curious look, her lips slightly parted.

"what's this?" you questioned no one, seeing an envelope with your name handwritten cursively on it.

the card was yellowish, as if it had passed a really long time since someone made the paper, with a crimson wax stamp sealing it shut from nosy people.

"hm?" wonyoung looked over your shoulder, being taller than you, a few hair strands falling from behind her ear "who even writes letters these days? it seems cool but, weird.." the girl wondered with a pout.

you nodded at her words, not knowing what to do with it, except tearing it open.

"wait no!" before she could stop you, the envelope was already shredded into pieces.

she cried comically, holding the pieces it on her hand "it was vintage" she said, falling to her knees.

"vintage? more like prehistoric.." you rolled your eyes with a smile, remembering she likes stuff like this.

wonyoung, over her years in school has gotten a lot of letters from people that had a crush on her, and she could receive even more if they were just brave enough to confess. she holds appreciation to each and every single one of them, no exceptions, even if she rejected the person, her heart still held them close for all the effort they went through the confession and taking a liking on her.

the girl kept a small flower print box with every letter, sticker or note given to her.

it was cute.

"invited.. birthday party.. what?" your eyes scanned once more over the annoyingly cursive handwriting.

wonyoung's interest got peaked again with this, reading out loud "yang jungwon, lee heeseung, park jongseong, sim jaeyun, park sunghoon, kim sunoo, nishimura riki... who even are these people? ... wait i wanna go too" a grin adorned her face.

i know heeseung, jungwon, sunoo and.. jay? is that jongseong or maybe jaeyun?

"no idea who they are but i'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind" you lied, flicking the card and placing it over your bed side table.

"i'm gonna go shower, put some music but not on an eardrum killing volume please" you held onto her, as she nodded eagerly.