Chapter II: Delivery

~PRESENT DAY~

Supremeo flies above a modern day city built from the ground up with Caine tech. A familiar voice rings in Supremeo's ear. It's Sylvia Caine she tells Supremeo, "There's a convoy of trucks blocking cargo meant for the people east of the city. We should handle this before you meet up with Zach."

Supremeo replies, "East of the city? The cargo we loaded was nothing but food and clothes for those civilians why would they want that?" Sylvia answers saying, "Right? The pirate's food supply has never been a problem for them. I've heard from Ryan they're supposed to be avid hunters right?"

The answer to Sylvia's question hits Supremeo instantly. He says, "The workers!" Sylvia replies, "What?" Supremeo explains further, "Who are the workers delivering the cargo? Are they soldiers or regular workers!?"

Sylvia tells Supremeo, "We sent out a handful of workers with 1 soldier. It's Ryan. Where are you getting at?" Supremeo explains to Sylvia, "I know it's standard procedure to equip our workers with tech to protect them and others from thieves and pirates. These guys could be trying to rob our workers of their tech and the cargo is just a bonus. If Ryan is the only soldier they're with we could be in trouble!"

Sylvia tells Supremeo, "Ryan is more than capable of dealing with the pirates. There are only a few individuals I'd have concern for if Ryan was facing them. And common pirate grunts aren't that.

Supremeo says, "Well let's hope those individuals don't make an appearance."

Supremeo ignites the rockets in his boots to get to the intended destination as fast as he can to meet with Ryan and the delivery crew.

~A few hundred miles from Supremeo~

Ryan leads a convoy of drivers to deliver a supply of goods to a neighboring town. He's currently motionless with a scowl on his face as he sees a convoy of trucks blocking the safest pathway for him and his men to deliver the goods.

Ryan tells the men and women behind him, "Stay here." Ryan taps a device attached to his ears and metal begins to extend to his jaw and behind his head then as the metal expands to the top of his head a visor closes down and an intense green glows through the lenses of Ryan's helmet.

Ryan steps out of his vehicle to check the scene out himself. The workers inside are visibly scared. They ask, "Is this guy insane!? What does he think he's doing?! He's just gonna confront them by himself??"

Another worker replies, "Calm down I think he knows what he's doing. After all, he was found and trained by Victor right?" A third worker replies, "And look at where Victor's at now! He's been off the grid for close to 2 years now, and Sylvia insists he's just missing! I know Victor's survived countless dangerous missions to build us a safe heaven that mirrors the old days but facts are facts. Time hasn't been kind to our old heroes Bernard Sullivan is dead. So are Diana and Elias Caine, Victor is 'Missing' and we're stuck with truck loads of food, clothes, and tech to protect a city of 5,000. If you ask me, if we aren't gonna help this guy we should at least run so we could live another day."

A voice rings through the comms attached to the worker's earpieces it's Ryan's voice. In a very authoritative tone he says, "NO! Do not step outside! Good chance they're scouting the vehicles. I don't need a hostage situation on my hands. We're better off sticking together and protecting the cargo."

The workers look toward their co-worker who contemplated running. He swallows the lump in his throat and loads a hi-tech rifle then says, "Okay screw it! I'll fight!"

~Outside the cargo trucks~

Ryan scans the trucks blocking the pathway. To his surprise they're empty. He looks around and tells himself, "What the hell? It's empty. Where could they be at??"