Chapter XIII: Family Reunion

As Erik looks to his brother on the throne he looks to the person standing next to him. He says, "Dominic you just let him sit on the throne?" Dominic replies, "It was the only chair left in this room when Captain Ryan held council with the other lieutenants, sir." Erik looks back at his brother as he gets up from the seat and walks down the few steps to stand face-to-face with Erik. Ryan says, "Calm down bro. You never liked the chair anyway. I see you don't got your rocket launcher now do you?" Ryan extends his hand for Erik to shake. He refuses.

Instead Erik says, "I knew your armor would've absorbed most of the impact brother. What I didn't know would happen was the encounter with that droid Elias and Sylvia built." Erik then asks his brother, "Where is Supremeo at anyway? He can stop a platoon of pirates but when his kind is involved he's nowhere to be seen? Didn't Sylvia announce to every citizen on this planet that Supremeo is a protector of any life on any side of the argument because life is precious to Supremeo?"

Ryan answers his sibling telling him, "It's not even like that. Supremeo encountered War Hawk first and it didn't end well for him either." Erik says, "Really? That's a shame if your buddy rolled in with you we would've won that rematch!" Ryan tells his brother, "You can't be seriously thinking about that after losing a significant amount of members to War Hawk."

Erik tells his brother, "Oh you bet I am! We really could've used that cargo! But the enemy had to come and show their elitist hand once again!" Now with a frustrated look on his face. Ryan tells his brother, "We need to focus on the losses we've had today! All this time we spend arguing about things that don't involve War Hawk is another second for them to gather their resources for another attack! This time we've lost over 100 troops. Next time it could end up being another 100 or 1000! We don't know what they'll have with them once they decide to attack again! The War Hawk droid was so advanced that we might lose all of New Tortuga for all we know!"

Erik looks at his brother and says, "What's with all this WE stuff? You can't just barge in here and make demands like you run the place!" Ryan replies, "That's not what I'm trying to do! I'm trying to prevent more deaths from happening!" Ryan continues to say, "The lieutenants have agreed to hear me out why can't you?" Erik tells Ryan, "I don't know? Maybe I have issues with abandonment!?" Ryan replies, "That again!? I've never abandoned you guys! When I joined this planet's armed forces I was the bridge between both groups to hopefully bring light to other pirates and show them there's a different way to provide for their loved ones. And from the other side, I'd be showing people who live in the cities the ones who live beyond their borders aren't bad either. Over time they came to understand us. And I think even you've realized that! On your side of the nation, you've changed laws and added rules to your kingdom. Erik! I know deep down you see the benefits of these changes. Let's work together instead of arguing!"

Once again the pirate king is hesitant to shake his brother's hand. Erik tells Ryan, "I do see the benefits of you serving those people over there. But it won't fly with some of the troops here. Even the half of the nation that chose to side with our sister. To them it'll look like you just strolled back in and I gave you the throne."

Ryan tells his brother, "Well let's give them a reason to not think that then." Erik asks, "How will we do that?" Ryan tells his brother, "As I said earlier. I noticed the added rules and changed laws with your time as King. So how about that match the people always wanted?" shocked, Erik raises his brow looking towards his brother. He says, "What? Are you serious?" Ryan replies, "Yeah! Our people told me there is a strict no-killing rule when you're challenging for the throne. A member told me you've said there's value in maintaining our numbers. You respect anyone who's willing to lead the pack. And bare the weight of the entire pirate nation on their shoulders. But at the same time. The defeated must respect the victor because if the defeated chooses to revolt. How can the defeated's followers trust that person when he lacks honor and stabs another pirate in the back. "