Chapter XXIII: An Army of Five

At the Pirate reservoir

Erik beheads a golden dragon. Right behind him his brother Ryan rips another dragon in half. An attacking Golden Dragon is then shot down from the two brothers' blind spot.

The attacker was Rainer. He stands beside Ryan asking him, "Hey where'd your sister run off to? We could use all the help we need about now..." Rainer is interrupted by Erik. With a scowl on his face, Erik tells Rainer, "Mind your tongue soldier boy. Running away from battle isn't something we do. She went off to stop the source of the golden dragons. Can't blame you for thinking about running when you've shown examples of being scared to finish your battles in the past."

This annoys Rainer. While locked in battle Rainer tells the Pirate King, "If you're still looking at me sparing the life of your brother's mother as running. I'll be happy to continue that battle any way you'd like after we're finished here..." Erik flashes a grin then says, "Ahh that tech virus has given you a backbone to go along with your powers I see!" Rainer says, "Did I not have a backbone when I defeated your father face to face for what he and his men did to our soldiers?" before King Erik can reply Bernard can be heard through all their comms like a roaring lion. Specifically talking to Rainer and Erik Bernard says, " HEEEEY!! In case you all forgot we have a fight in front of us! Do you want to protect these people or protect your ego!?"

Now slightly ashamed. Rainer replies, "Apologies sir..." Bernard Sullivan tells Rainer, "No need for that right now. Just focus. Now repeat the mission to me!"

Rainer Replies to Bernard saying, "Raise enough hell so the dragons will concentrate on us. And give Zachary enough time to put these citizens out of harm's way." Bernard grins with excitement and says, "Precisely! Now that I know we all have a clear understanding of who our enemy is at the moment. LETS RAISE HELL!! "

What happens next would later be described by Sullivan as a " beautiful symphony of violence." Through the help of his tech, his natural human capabilities, and the waters that allowed him to keep his youthful looks and skills. Bernard Sullivan unleashes a barrage of melee combinations too quickly for the eyes to count. From a distance, Cibor sees this as he patches up Sharon. Through Cibor's tech, he's told the amount of blows Bernard had executed in a mere 6 seconds. Cibor says to himself, "My god! That was 120 strikes!"

Throwing 120 strikes against a squad of droids in such a precise, quick, and powerful way causes Sullivan's armor on his fists to crack and shut off. However, this doesn't phase the old hero. He looks at a pile of fallen dragons and relieves a few of the broken droids of their blades.

With a flick of the switch on both weapons, Bernard Sullivan charges back into battle. Right behind Bernard, Rainer shoots off powerful electric bolts that shoot like beams from his hands and give a violent embrace towards the enemy droids causing them to short circuit, cutting their power supply off.

Rainer then sends a bolt of electricity toward the walls of the reservoir. He pulls a giant metal plate off the walls pulling it towards him. Rainer jumps atop the plate as it heads toward him, and rides it like a like log drifting down the river. Then he stops above his fallen enemies.

Below the droids begin to show signs of them rebooting their systems. However, the reboot is a little too late. Rainer drops the large metal plate above the golden droids crushing them from the skies. The thudding boom alerts the other dragons once the plate hits the ground.

Rainer notices a new group of dragons headed his way. Luckily for him, Maxwell Caine flies in from above. Max piolets his Ivo Supremeo suit, but with a noticeable attachment to the back. Rainer notices this and asks him through comms, "Hey what's that thing you're carrying around?" Max says, "It's a thing my sister has been cooking up. She had some fancy name to it. I just call it my jetpack, but this is the army knife of jet packs! Speaking of that. You dropping that plate on those dragons earlier gave me a great idea! Check this out!" With curiosity in the tone of his voice, Rainer replies saying, "Ha! Okay."