Chapter IV: The Kingdom

"The bastard was quick. Whoever he was", says Bernard Sullivan. The lion Yahess speaks. He tells Bernard, "What do you mean whoever he was? Sullivan, multiple sources have your comrade on video wearing the exact armor he wore during his many storied victories in battle. He's hit almost all of our Edenn and is causing mayhem to every community he's interacted with." Yahess touches a button on his side of the table. A holoprojector pops up in the middle of the table showing a video of a figure dressed in Victor's exact armor. The video shows highlights of the figure in Victor's armor hunting lions and killing them. A few hippos were challenged and killed as well. Then the video shows the figure in armor destroying pathways cultivated by the elephants. Poison bombs are unleashed while the armored figure kills the elephants.

While the video plays Yahess says, "Look at how efficiently the soldier moves controlling his armor's weapons. He's well trained wouldn't you say, Bernard? And those familiar glowing orange lenses on his helmet. They would bring fear upon his enemies, right? I remember the stories. It seems you are choosing to forget them."

Bernard Sullivan horrified at the video tells Yahess, "Okay I've seen enough. Turn that off!" The lion does what Bernard asks. Then proceeds to stare a hole through Bernard as if he's hunting and he is his lunch. Bernard sees this and matches his stare with the lion. Then Bernard tells Yahess, "That's not the way he fights. I trained Victor when he was young. I always recognize my student's offensive and defensive traits in a fight and that person underneath the armor isn't Victor Hawkins!" Yahess tells Bernard, "Well for your sake I hope he's not. Though regardless of who he is, the public demands justice once he's caught. If my lions get a hold of him they would execute him immediately. I know you and your friends intend to ask questions from this individual. In a situation like this, being a leader to an entire tribe trumps my friendship with you all. So if he ends up being executed before you can get your questions. I hope you understand."

Bernard nods then looks to Kapurma. The Rhino Onyx adds to Yahess's statement saying, "Please understand Bernard and Kapurma. If we do nothing to this individual it could cause a disturbance in all communities. The memory of Adira invading these peaceful lands still brings fear to its citizens." Kapurma leans over to a worried Zachary and says, "Don't worry Zach, your mentor will be okay. Whoever this imposter is me and Bernard will find him."

Kapurma says to the rest of the members of the kingdom, "Okay a mutual understanding has been met. We all understand that it is hard leading an entire tribe of your species. We can talk all day but it would be unwise to. It's time to eat."

Giri the elephant tells Kapurma, "I agree Kap. What delicious meal has Zachary brought you from the shadow village this time?" Kapurma tells Giri, "Well it's not actually a meal. It's a desert. Diwata has worked on a new flavor of ice cream and wants to perfect it."

Giri shows excitement on his face then says, "Oh really!? The last one she came out with was divine! Cannot believe she grows and perfects every ingredient herself and cultivates all of the pieces into a flawless dish. That along with her combat training must have been very tough work to master. What's the name of this flavor she's having you test?"

Kapura tells Giri, "This one is called Orange Sherbet." Kapurma opens the high-tech freezer and Giri's eyes widen in amazement. He says, "Woow! Visually it already looks perfect. Kapurma then leans toward Giri and says, "I know because of your size you require a larger amount of food to satisfy you, but would you like to try? There are a few extra spoons and bowls here!" Giri's eyes light up and she says, "Really? Okay, I'd love to try a few bites!"

~Moments Later~

All members of the kingdom are conversing with each other. Giri and Kapurma are enjoying the new batch of ice cream Diwata made. Zachary and Yahess are trading combat strategies.