Chapter IX: Head On

Once War Hawk's feet touch the ground he proceeds to destroy the convoy of vehicles left by the pirates at their campsite. His inekium wings slash through the tanks like butter. The attacks blow up a few tanks and cut the other vehicles in half. The attacks woke up the sleeping pirates who settled nearby. The pirates charge the droid while War Hawk braces himself for the attack.

On the other side of War Hawk's attack, Julius unloads pins from a belt of grenades. He tosses it in the air and then commands his cargo droid to run out of the wooded area as fast as it could. As the grenades blow up Julius makes it out of the wooded area. Then instantly both attacks alert the defense systems of the aircraft Bernard Sullivan's crew is in.

Bernard alerts his companions. Maxwell questions what they should do. Bernard tells Max, "I'll take the attack nearby the woods. Diwata and Kapurma can head to the attack in the abandoned city. I'm not comfortable with citizens seeing me when they thought I've been dead for a while. The ship still hasn't finished my alternate armor suit. The current one I have would be too recognizable. My reappearance would only add too much of a distraction to bringing War Hawk and Amaro to justice for their attacks on Edenn. And helping you bring down the warlords."

King Raz says, "Well go with Kapurma then. But what will happen when people see us? Are they accustomed to seeing beasts like us?" Maxwell tells the King, "No they're not. But don't worry, because as quickly as we got these alerts of the threat level of an attack. My sister got the same alert about our arrival. She'll know who her allies are and report to our defenses." King Raz nods and tells Maxwell and Sullivan, "Very well then. Let's meet our battles head-on and obtain victory!" Maxwell looks at Bernard then Back to their companions from Edenn and they nod. Maxwell pulls open a lever that opens a hatch to the ship for their companions to fly out of and head towards the attack by the abandoned city.

The razhdarchidae allow Kapurma and Diwata to ride on their shoulders and they head out for the city. While the aircraft with Bernard with Maxwell in tow head to the roads near the woods.

At the abandoned city

surrounded by a fiery blaze with two dead pirates in his hands War Hawk is alerted of an attack from behind. He turns around and locks on to the attackers. But first blocks shots from his attacker's guns. His inekium wings absorb the blows from the guns. Then War Hawk launches the inekium-made feathers on his top two wings like missiles toward his attackers. The feathers launch and pierce through building walls and pieces of destroyed tanks and cars. Some feathers graze the pirates while some get hit.

War Hawk calls the feathers back to reattach to his wings. Before they all can reattach War Hawk is alerted by an attack from behind. he shifts his view and looks behind him. The tech through his helmet allows for his vision to zoom in on the target similar to a bird of prey. And what War Hawk sees surprises him. What War Hawk sees is the razhdarchidae from Edenn with companions in tow. War Hawk says to himself with a smirk, "Heh! They sided with the beast King and brought him over to this dimension."

Amaro still above the cliff is also notified of the arrival through his tech and tells War Hawk, "Looks like they brought a fighter from the village and that old turtle as well. I'll take them on. You can handle the 3 razhdarchidae right?" War Hawk smiles and says, "Kapurma is a tortoise and we'll see how this body holds up against the King and the princes. They have to answer if they can fight with focus other than rage and vengeance."

Amaro stands up stretches and cracks his neck. He then tells War Hawk, "Well okay apparently this tortoise guy's supposed to be good right?! Guess we'll see!"

Then out of nowhere King Raz greets War Hawk with a kick to the back. Knocking the droid forward, making him fall face-first. King Raz flies over the group of pirates defending themselves. They all cheer knowing the beast is on their side. Diwata drops down in front of the group asking if anyone needs urgent care. She's guided toward a group of injured pirates while she explains the origins of their enemy.