Chapter XXII: Leaders Make The Tough Decisions

Sharon charges toward the pirate queen. Melina grabs Sharon by the wrists. Pulls her in and rams her shoulder into Sharon's face. As the young inventor reels back from the blow Melina grabs her by the wrists again and headbutts Sharon in the forehead. The pirate queen asks her wife, "Do you have a clue where your father is being held?"

Sharon laughs to herself. She tells her wife, "The more efficient blow would've been to use a weapon. You went with a physical attack. Even with that attack, you chose a less effective blow. Which means you believe me when I say I didn't think it would get this far."

Melina's brow furrows with anger and she tells Sharon, "I believe you were compromised...but you still betrayed me!" A glare of sadness is seen through Sharon's eyes by the queen.

Sharon replies to Melina telling her, "Fair enough...I don't know where my dad would be. The only thing I know is they finished War Hawk in a place named Edenn. Last time I checked there wasn't a place like that on the map." Sharon flicks her hands upward and to the queen's surprise, the tech in Sharon's gloves activates winds powerful enough for Melina's grip to loosen. Melina lands on her feet but at a further distance from Sharon. She begins to charge to her wife until she hears Sharon say, "Hold on be cool! The winds could've been 100 times worse. The upward motion is meant to create distance for the user to strategize." Melina stops in her tracks. Sharon pulls out a tool that covers her left ear. She taps it, then a holo screen appears over her left eye. She tells Melina, "Looks like he's busy. It figures. He's overlooking a battle between the so-called, greatest AI droid since Zenbu. And the greatest hero humanity has ever known. That's gonna need all your attention!"

A series of paragraphs of information appear on the holo screen, and Sharon begins to circle Melina. Sharon pulls out another tool that covers her right ear. This time the tech extends over her head to form a helmet. She tells Melina, "Good thing we're at a safe distance so these people can't hear us talk. And yeah I know this looks kind of dorky (Pointing to her new helmet). And forgive me. We gotta make it look real.

Then a laser shoots out from a center cannon on the helmet. Queen Melina blocks the attack quickly with a shield from her gauntlets that can project force field barriers. Both charge at each other with convincing rage.

Another laser is shot from Sharon's helmet. Then at the last few moments, Melina stops short dodging the attack. Melina quickly goes in for a leg sweep, tripping Sharon. Another laser beam intended for Melina now shoots out to the sky.

Melina goes in for a punch while Sharon is still on the ground. Sharon dodges the attack. She grabs Melina by the arm, pulls her in, and rolls her to the ground. She headbutts Melina and then tells her, "9 miles north then 30 miles above ground." Melina kicks Sharon off of her. They both stand on their feet. Melina then nods to her wife. Understanding that must be the location.

As they both stare at each other Sharon tells Melina, "Now we have to find a way to get out of here convincingly. It seems like we're drawing a crowd." Melina looks above her. She sees people from the other houses above, gathering to see what the commotion is. Once they realize it's their queen locked in a battle. The people of the pirate nation couldn't hide their excitement.

A child yells, "Heey! It's Queen Melina! And she's in a fight with someone wearing armor!" more people yell out, "Wow! The queen!? She's the more talented of the fighters amongst her brothers right!?"

An older citizen can be heard answering, "Yes! She's the more naturally adept sibling amongst the 3 when it comes to combat. She bested her brothers in multiple disciplines in past showcases. I wonder who she is fighting against!?" Another person can be heard saying, "This is even better than watching those two droids fight in the skies. Queen Melina and her opponent are right here in front of us!" the crowd cheers.