Chapter VIII: The Next Step

Bursting through the gates of the shadow village Maxwell screams, " SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!!! "

Authorities recognize the son of Elias Caine and instantly run to his aid. As authorities get closer they see his armored suit which is on autopilot holding another familiar figure. It's Zachary Ohara. An officer calls for the medics.

As they arrive, the rest of the crew follow behind them. The first companion of the crew that gets noticed is King Raz. The people panic and so do the authorities of the shadow village which causes one of the leaders to draw their weapon. He is a soldier of the shadow village trained under Kapurma who also trained many soldiers and officers under his wing.

He yells at the King saying, "GET BACK BEAST!" The leader of the shadow village's defenses yells again saying, "I WON'T REPEAT MYSELF TWICE!"

The King stops in his tracks as he sees the leader of the shadow village's defenses pointing his weapon toward his direction.

The intensity of the leader's eyes can be felt from behind the shimmering blade he's pointing at the beast King, until he hears a voice that instantly calms his intense aura. The voice tells him, "Please, put down your weapon Bagwis..." That voice belongs to Kapurma.

He emerges behind the beast King and continues to say, "There are way bigger things at play right now than our squabbles with the razhdarchidae." The leader listens to Kapurma and lowers his blade then shuts off its strange luminescent power.

Kapurma and the rest of the party walk into the shadow village. Then a guard shuts the gates. Through all the commotion Diwata appears. She runs towards Kapurma's group with a companion in tow. They both push through the group of bystanders blocking their way. Diwata falls to her knees in front of the Ivo Supremeo suit that's holding Zachary.

Diwata's eyes dart back and forth all over Zachary's body. She sees tubes inserted in his arms. And a mask to help him breathe. In a quivering voice she asks Maxwell, "W..what happened?" Maxwell calmly tells Diwata, "Zach has some burns and broken bones we need to tend to. The mask is helping him breathe because of smoke inhalation. Don't worry D he'll be back to normal in no time." Diwata calms down as medics approach Zach to care for him.

Once they leave and take Zach to safety Bernard Sullivan tells the crew, "Alight, Let's all converge to the nearest Conference room to discuss the next step. But first, let's get Supremeo to the peak of inekium mountain."

A razhdarchidae prince takes off a makeshift container from its back made of wood from the trees of their nesting grounds. Through the help of Sullivan's armored suit and the Ivo Supremeo suit gifted by Richard Edson to Maxwell. They've made a backpack-type case to safely carry Supremeo to the shadow village.

The razhdarchidae prince places the protective container on the floor and a group of assistant droids appears and proceed to take Supremeo to the peak of inekium mountain.

Diwata shocked at the damage both Supremeo and Zach have taken is left speechless until a hand is placed on her shoulder. It was her companion's. She tells Diwata, "You can stay with Zach until he recovers. I'll run things for a while." Diwata looks at her companion and says, "Thank you, Miko."

Moments Later

The crew head to a laboratory within inekium mountain. As they enter its doors the King razhdarchidae and the two princes see hundreds of people working on various projects. To the dinosaur's shock right in the middle of the enormous room, they see a large ancient razhdarchidae skeleton.

Kapurma approaches the King and his princes then says, "I know this is in bad taste. Please forgive us. Cyrus Caine erected the skeleton of your ancestor as an example of what humans here can overcome..." Before Kapurma can finish his comment King Raz interrupts and tells the tortoise, "Cyrus erected the bones but Bernard was the one who killed him." King Raz shakes his head and then continues to say, "This doesn't matter now. We've attacked you for generations. But this Amaro Midas and War Hawk gave us a taste of our own medicine in attacking my tribe...We have a similar enemy at this moment. I lost my queen and children to them...Things like this are the least of my concern."