Chapter 10.2: Allies

Back at the fight near the abandoned city

The eldest razhdarchidae prince sheds tears for his wounded brother. He looks to his side and sees his father wounded as well. The King is being patched up with help from Kapurma.

King Raz looks to Kapurma and tells him, "We've been beaten down twice by this foe my friend." Kapurma says, "Beaten but not killed. So we can fight another day, right?" The King remembers a battle between Kapurma and his elder relatives, and them saying the same thing to Kapurma over a disagreement. He laughs at the irony of this statement and tells Kapurma, "You're right... However, I do see the power in your belief in talking things out first. Seeing my sons wounded like this has me thinking if we were on better terms maybe my tribe wouldn't have been blindsided by an attack and we wouldn't be in a situation like this right now."

Kapurma looks at the King directly as he finishes the last part of patching him up then tells him, "We can think about the maybes and what-ifs after this fight my friend. But I will say this. Through our fights leading up to here. I'm proud some common ground was found." Kapurma extends a hand to help the King up. He gladly accepts.

They both look at the princes. They see the younger one is resting, While the other one is lost in thought. Then the party hears a voice that Kapurma instantly recognizes. The voice says, "Geez... What happened here?" Kapurma and King Raz turn around and see none other than Ryan and Sarah.

Back to the open roads where Maxwell and Bernard fought.

With his vision still in a blur Maxwell hears Bernard trying to wake him up. His voice is faint but can hear him saying, "Max! Wake up! Maxwell! Open your eyes!" Maxwell awakens to Bernard's pleas and hears him knocking on the Ivo Supremeo suit * Clang! Clang! Clang! * Maxwell says, "I'm up! I'm up! Please stop pounding the damn suit!" the eyes of the Ivo Supremeo suit open up signaling Maxwell is conscious.

He sits up and asks, "How's your arm? And what the hell hit me!?" Sullivan tells Max, "The armor took most of the hit. I think something was knocked out of place. I'm gonna need your help setting it back. And what hit you, was yourself. Bernard motions his eyes toward the pillar Max crashed into. Maxwell slightly embarrassed at what he feels is a "rookie mistake" Max gets up and tells Bernard, "Let's check up on Diwata and Kapurma." Once Maxwell gets back on his feet. Max and Bernard hear a loud bang near them. Both recognize this sound as an armored soldier making a landing. They both look toward the side they heard the sound and see just that. Both Maxwell and Bernard instantly take an offensive stance until they both realize the soldier comes in peace. He has his hands up for Max and Bernard then reveals his face. The soldier is none other than Rainer Sparta. He tells Maxwell, "Great seeing you Maxwell." Then tells Bernard Sullivan, "And it's an honor to finally meet you sir." Bernard asks Maxwell, "Who is this guy?" He tells Bernard, "That's Rainer Sparta. Victor's first protege." Bernard tells Maxwell, "Oh so this is him? The ally you said could be the extra help we need..." Maxwell tells Bernard, "Uh huh." Then Bernard answers Rainer telling him, "The pleasure is all mine. Wish you'd have shown up earlier."

Back to the abandoned town

Ryan with a shocked look on his face says, "Whaaat?! Victor is now a droid working with the Warlords! He injured Zach and Supremeo, now you guys are here. And with the damn razhdarchidae!!" Kapurma tells Ryan, "Yes that's pretty much it."

Ryan looks to the King and tells him, "No offense. I don't mind you helping. You just freak me out. The first time we met you tried to eat us for crossing into your territory!"

The King replies to Ryan saying, "No offense taken. Your bewilderment is understandable." Ryan shakes his head and then tells himself, "Oh yeah these guys can talk like Kap." Sarah tells Ryan, "Shall we head to where Diwata and your brother went?" Ryan answers in a daunting manner telling her, "Yeah... Hopefully he'll be in more of a talking mood." Ryan now with a look of sadness on his face tells Sarah, "Last time we met he was too busy to talk about anything."