Chapter XVI: The Matriarch

Melina dashes towards the crash site with 3 of her Queen's guards accompanying her. As she stays focused on reaching her destination a guard tries to get her attention. The guard yells, "MY QUEEN!"

She looks beside her. The guard points to his side and then tells Queen Melina, "It seems Dominic has summoned a droid to assist us."

Another truck is by their side with a droid driving it. The droid waves and says, "Hello my queen." Without hesitation, Queen Melina and the 3 queen's guards jump into the back of the truck with aid from the tech in their boots. Melina leans forward towards the open window to tell the droid, "Approach the crash site as quickly as you can." The droid replies, "As you wish my queen."

The truck rushes off to the crash site. The pirate queen and her 3 guards begin to activate various tech they're wearing.

moments later

As the truck begins to slow down a fight could be heard from around the corner. Melina hears, "Take cover Sharon." Then The Queen instantly springs into action.

The Queen's reaction to her wife's name was so quick that for a moment the queen's guard in tow didn't even notice she left the truck. The tech in her boots allows her to hover and jump off the sides of buildings which is exactly what she does.

With her boots latched onto the side of a neighboring building the pirate queen launches herself off of it, draws a sword attached to her waist, and crashes it down behind the head of the giant invading droid.

The surprise attack causes sparks to fly as Queen Melina lands in front of the droid. Side by side with the guard and her wife Sharon. Melina asks the droid, "So you must be the War Hawk?" The droid answers with a simple, "Yes."

Elsewhere

The truck that took the pirate King and Ryan to recovery bay has arrived at its destination. Droids begin to escort the brothers to their recovery process. Ryan begins to protest because of the ruckus heard around New Tortuga.

King Erik grabs his brother and tells him, "We have to trust our people brother. They have our sister and Uncle Dominic to protect them. Believe me when I say the surprise attack outside of our lands was their advantage. But breaking into our lands would be their biggest mistake." These words ease Ryan's emotions and he agrees to head into recovery bay. Once in, the brothers enter a chamber together while it fills up with liquid medicine to speed the recovery of whoever enters. Depending on the level of injury, Bones, bruises, cuts, and muscles can all heal in a matter of hours compared to the months healing naturally would do. As the liquid medicine fills up in the chamber Ryan looks to the dozens of sentinel droids who will guard both brothers while they heal.

back at the crash site

With the Queen's sword barely leaving any damage on War Hawk she fires her pistol continuously at the droid, hoping to find a weak spot. Her queen's guard does the same thing right behind War Hawk.

War hawk flings its bladed wings toward the pirate Queen. Melina blocks the attack with shield tech attached to her wrist. Her wife takes cover behind her. Melina looks toward Sharon and asks her, "You okay dear?" The Queen locks eyes with her wife Sharon. She nods and tells her wife she's okay. The pirate Queen takes a moment to kiss her wife and tells her, "I'll be back."

The Queen puts her pistol away and then reaches for another weapon attached to her waist. This weapon is a hi-tech whip. Melina uses this whip to get a hold of War Hawk's neck. The whip begins to electrocute the droid.

Struggling from the attack. War Hawk begins to fly until he's stopped by the 3 queen's guards. They also have the same weapon Melina is using against War Hawk. 2 guards grab the droid by its feet while the other grabs an arm. They all shock the droid grounding War Hawk in the process.