Chapter XVII: An Unexpected Savior

Recovery Bay

The sentinel droids stand motionless while the pirate brothers rest in their recovery chambers. A clatter of metal clashing against each other can be heard in the distance. From about 1 mile away from the pirate brothers' recovery chambers a fight has erupted between the front-guarding sentinels. This causes the surrounding sentinel droids to awaken and join the fight.

The Sentinels dog pile themselves against their intruders and stop their attacks but only for a moment. Powerful blasts of energy emit from underneath the pile of droids and break, destroying a large chunk of the pile. This reveals that one of invading attackers is none other than Amaro Midas.

His companions are warrior droids donning similar armor as him. That's because it was designed to be that way. Amaro smiles and tells himself, "What a great way to test out the capabilities of the new golden dragon army!" Amaro looks to the distance in the middle of their battlefield in recovery bay then continues to say, "And look at that. Our first prize. They're practically giving it to us. The sons of the founder of the pirate kingdom! Ryan Burgos and Erik Lowell!"

The grin on Amaro's face vanishes as he commands his warrior droids saying, "Make a pathway leading towards the brothers! Let's end this quickly!" The troop of droids blast and break their way through the sentinels while Amaro takes his steps forward. Things seem like Amaro will get his way until the new Golden Dragons sense a rise in the numbers of their attackers. Amaro notices this also.

To the giant soldier's surprise, the destroyed sentinels have picked themselves back up to defend the pirate brothers. Now stuck dead in their tracks Amaro says to himself, "How is this possible?" The soldier looks around to see any signs of another form of tech or person in the vicinity. Not too far from Amaro and his warrior droid's range of vision Amaro. He sees what looks like strains of blue electricity that are falling on the defeated sentinels giving them new life.

Then as Amaro looks above him to see if he can see the source of this falling blue electricity. He notices a hoverboard above them the board seems to be "leaking out" this life-giving electricity to the defending sentinels. Amaro also notices something else familiar. Above the board, he sees that an armored figure is piloting the vehicle. Amaro's evil grin appears on his face again. He says to himself, "Hey I remember you!" Amaro launches himself into the air and grabs the armored figure on the hoverboard throwing him down with the fighting sentinels and golden warrior droids.

With his hands around the armored figure's throat. Amaro tells him, "What an unexpected savior! You're Rainer Sparta! Didn't you kill the pirate brothers father!? Why are you helping them out!?"

Rainer says to Amaro, "Fay uttenshun zu wuts vehind zu zoopid!" This confuses Amaro for a moment until he's knocked off by a defending sentinel droid. Amaro is hit with numerous blows to the face and body.

Rainer gets back to his feet and catches his breath. Communicating through an earpiece in his helmet Rainer says, "You see that Sullivan? That was one of the few perks of getting dosed with that experimental machine virus. I can tether the electricity in a broken machine and move it with my will and make commands toward the machine with my thoughts. The electricity in my nervous system replicates billions of nanobots within my body, which lets me shoot the 'tether bolts' through my pores so they can enter the fallen droid for me to use this technique. Cool huh?"

Bernard Sullivan tells Rainer, "Heh That's one way of looking at it. Just find a way to bring the golden bastard out in the open so we won't risk interrupting the healing process of Ryan and his brother. Max and I've got some unfinished business with this fella."

Rainer replies, "Oh that'll be easy! One golden bastard coming up!" Rainer looks toward the giant soldier in gold, then commands the "tethered" sentinels to focus on Amaro's golden dragon droids. With electricity emitting from his fists through the use of his armored suit Rainer charges at Amaro and begins to land a vicious attack on him.