[Almighty]

HEX

I am part of the cult, after all

I'm bringing this out of the Google docs for Xx-NoShipSUNK-xX (specifically uni :D)

WC: 814

Ex sighed and rested his back against the netherrack behind him. The lava flickered and glowed a few blocks away from him, but he didn't mind the heat. He liked it; it was a stark change from the piercing cold of the void. Ex shook that thought out of his head, focusing on the bubbling lava. He sighed and closed his eyes, brushing back a bit of his hair that had fallen into his face.

"HELLO THERE!"

Ex nearly jumped out of his skin as someone catapulted down from above him and landed with a thud right in front of him. He let out an ungodly squeal of fear, pressing his back against the wall, his eyes wide. His expression morphed into a scowl when he saw who it was. "HELS!" Ex hollered as the Nether knight began to laugh hysterically. "I'M GOING TO THROTTLE YOU!" he yelled, getting to his feet and marching right over to Hels, his heart still pounding.

Hels smirked, and then got right up in Ex's face, making the ex-admin blush. "You wouldn't hurt me if your life depended on it, Xenicavoid. And you know it," he declared, still smirking. Ex blathered a few choppy words to try and defend himself, but eventually snapped his mouth shut with a huff of annoyance. "I hate you when you're right," he muttered, and Hels snorted. "Then you must hate me a lot of the time," he shot back, and Ex let out a disbelieving snort. "As if!"

They bantered back and forth for a minute, but Ex made sure not to get too right up in Hels' grill. He knew the Nether knight was not to be trifled with. "This is pointless," Hels announced after a moment, sitting down. "Let's change the subject." Ex smirked as he sat down beside the Nether knight. "Oooo, what's this I see? The mighty Helsknight backing down from a fight!" he crowed, and Hels narrowed his eyes at the ex-admin. "I never said I was mighty," he spat back. "You kind of implied it," Ex said, shrugging when Hels glared at him.

"What were you doing before I came down here? You looked all mopey," Hels said, picking a crimson fungus from the ground and rolling it between his forefinger and thumb. Ex looked down, feeling sadness creeping into his emotions again. "Nothing," he said, his voice cold. "Just thinking." Hels must have noticed Ex's change in tone, because he turned to look at the ex-admin again. "Thinking about what?"

Ex sighed and looked away, and that seemed to make it click in Hels' mind what Ex was thinking about. "Hey, don't worry about that," Hels said, taking Ex's hand. "You won't be going there ever again. And anyone who says differently can rethink things when my blade is against their throat." Ex turned to look at Hels again, smiling slightly. Hels was...strangely comforting, in his own stabby way. The Nether knight grinned back, the flames on his helmet flickering more fiercely than ever. "Thanks, Hels," Ex replied. Hels blushed and looked down. "No problem," he muttered. Ex snorted at how flustered the Nether knight was. Let's fuel that fire.

He put a hand under Hels' chin and lifted the Nether knight's head up. "You blushing flustery mess," Ex laughed when he saw Hels' face. Hels huffed and tried to push Ex's hand away, but Ex quickly closed the gap between them and kissed the Nether knight breathless. Hels didn't object.

They finally broke apart, both panting. Ex sputtered with laughter when he saw how red Hels was. "I can't believe how flustered the almighty Hels is right now!" he exclaimed between his laughter. Hels huffed, but then began to laugh himself. "What can I say? You're cute," the Nether knight retorted, obviously trying to fluster Ex as well. He succeeded.

"Y'know what? Maybe I am almighty," Hels said thoughtfully, though Ex could tell by the tone of his voice that the knight was planning something. Hels looked right into Ex's eyes with his own red-orange-gold ones.

"Almighty enough to be your boyfriend?"

Ex blinked. "B-boyfriend?" he asked, the word feeling strange on his tongue. Hels chuckled; I must look like a crimson fungus right now. Ex smiled lightly at Hels, who's eyes lit up. "I wouldn't mind that," Ex replied, feeling his bright love for Hels chase away his previous dark thoughts. Hels beamed.

"Nice."

"Nice indeed, almighty Hels."

They both laughed, and this time Hels was the one who put his hand on Ex's cheek. Ex felt like his face was on fire where Hels had touched it. He's that hot, I guess. As their lips met, Ex thought there wasn't anywhere else on the world that he'd rather be than right here with Hels.

Gosh, what a hopeless romantic I am.

remember to drink your water, and that'll be all from me!