[Rainwater]

pumping out pre-school oneshots pt.3

Bdoc Bdoc Bdoc /pos

WC: 1.6K

Bdubs closed his eyes, a small smile spreading across his face as he felt the warm rain splattering on him. It soothed him, as if his mind was a fire and the raindrops smothered it. He sat down on the grass, running his hand over the blades and feeling the droplets crowd onto his palm. He flinched as he felt something cold, slimy, and slightly heavy land on his other hand. He looked down at his hand, blinking, and laughed when he saw it was a little green frog, perched on his hand. "Well, hello there! How are you doing?" he giggled, patting the little frog on the head. In return, the frog lifted its little foot and patted it back down, almost as if it was giving Bdubs a tiny high-five. Bdubs laughed and let the frog jump back into the grass, watching its emerald green spots flash away into the falling water.

The rain thickened, the droplets coming down harder and faster. Bdubs yelped a bit as a bolt of lightning split across the sky, a loud crack of thunder following it. Bdubs glanced warily at the dark clouds, watching as the wind whipped them around. Maybe I should go insi-

"BDUBS!"

Bdubs' heart leapt as he heard a familiar German voice shout his name. He whipped his head around in the direction of Doc's voice, to see the hybrid trudging towards him. Bdubs couldn't help but burst into laughter at Doc's appearance. He was soaked to the bone, his waterlogged lab coat sagging with rainwater and his hair slicked back against his head. His elytra was cracked and crooked on his back. He looked a bit like a wet cat. Better not tell him I thought that.

"Hey there, Doc! What're you doing out on this fine day?" he called wryly over the drone of the storm. Doc gave him a weary but slightly amused look as stepped over the place where the fence used to be. "Got caught in the storm when my elytra broke over near your place," he explained, jabbing his thumb behind him to point in the direction of Bdubs' town. "I looked for you, but you weren't there. So I just walked all the way here. In the rain. And now I'm soaked and cold." Bdubs laughed at the unimpressed expression on Doc's face.

He smirked as he realized something. "You do realize that you could've just borrowed one of the spare elytras that I'm bound to have at the village? You didn't have to ask me." Doc blushed furiously, despite how cold he claimed to be. "Well-" he started, but Bdubs interrupted him with a sly look on his face. "Or did you come here because you really wanted to see me?" he prodded, giggling. Doc stiffened, his face turning even redder. "Shut up!" he growled as Bdubs dissolved into giggles. "I didn't want to go poking into things that aren't mine," he muttered, and Bdubs' eyes went wide in mock-disbelief. "Ha! Since when has that been a rule that you live by?" he exclaimed. Doc sighed exasperatedly, rubbing his hand over his forehead. "We're accomplishing nothing by arguing in the rain," he said, starting towards his half of the mansion. "Come on, DoubleO. It's not a good idea to stand out in a thunderstorm." Bdubs chuckled, casting a glance at the sky before running after Doc.

He suddenly felt very cold now that he was out of the rain. He shuddered, wrapping his arms around himself. Doc was wringing out his lab coat over a cauldron, muttering to himself. Bdubs shook out his wet sleeves, snorting at how they flopped around limply. Doc looked up and chuckled at Bdubs' attire. "Let's get you some new clothes," the hybrid said, starting towards the stairs. "You're gonna catch a cold, and I know exactly what you'll do if you catch a cold. You'll deny that you're sick, and then you'll keep building and overworking yourself, and then I'll have to take care of you. And god knows what you'll make me do if I have to take care of you." Bdubs stuck his tongue out at Doc. "I would've asked you to cuddle with me," he said, shrugging and looking back at his shirt with a smug look on his face. He looked up for a split second to see Doc gawking at him, the hybrid's face bright red. Bdubs sputtered with laughter, putting his hands over his face to hide his own blush. He heard Doc laugh a bit as well, and then he felt strong arms wrap around him. He yelped and took his hands off his face. "I can take you up on that offer now, if you'd like," Doc chuckled, holding Bdubs close. Bdubs blushed and unconsciously nestled closer to Doc; despite how cold he had complained he was, the hybrid was so warm. "I'll take that as a yes?" Doc murmured, grinning. Bdubs nodded, hugging Doc back.

"I think you were lying when you said you were cold," Bdubs chuckled. "You're very hot." Bdubs snickered; he didn't even have to look to know that Doc was a blushing flustered mess. "I am cold!" Doc hissed, but Bdubs could hear a hint of amusement in his voice. "Hmm," Bdubs mused, pulling back from Doc. "Very cold indeed." Doc narrowed his eyes at Bdubs. The shorter hermit looked outside, and was thrilled to see that the rain had eased. The raindrops were coming down much slower and not as hard, and Bdubs beamed at Doc. "Look, it stopped thunder storming! C'mon, let's go outside!" he exclaimed, bolting out the door before Doc could protest. He emerged into a sparkling world, with raindrops encrusting every surface. The sun was veiled by a thin layer of lazy rain clouds, which sprinkled the land below with bedazzled droplets of rainwater. Bdubs grinned as he heard Doc shuffling after him. The hybrid looked up at the sky, his black eye glinting in the partial sunlight. "Hmm," he murmured. "It's not too bad anymore." Bdubs grinned and shuffled off his shoes and socks, stepping off the wood porch into the sopping wet grass. His toes sunk into the mud, and he beamed back at Doc, who raised a wary eyebrow at him. "Come on, grumpy!" Bdubs huffed, sloshing through the muddy lawn. He leapt into a puddle, purposely splashing Doc with warm, muddy rainwater. The hybrid yelped as the droplets sprayed over him, and then fixed Bdubs with a steely glare, red and black eyes glittering.

"You're on."

Bdubs narrowed his eyes competitively, grinning as Doc took his black boots off. The hybrid wasted no time before he cannoned into the lawn, sloshing mud into himself and Bdubs.

They chased each other around in the rain for who knows how long, laughing and soaking each other in mud and rainwater. Bdubs picked himself up from where he'd slipped, his arms, legs, and face streaked with mud. Doc snickered from across the lawn, and Bdubs ran towards him, a clod of mud in his hands.

But of course he had to lose his grip on the ground and fall.

He crashed into Doc as he fell, and they both careened into a huge puddle. They landed in a heap, now completely covered in mud and grass. Bdubs squeaked and spat mud out of his mouth, wiping the muck from his face. He looked over at Doc, who was laughing so hard he was making no noise at all. He started laughing himself, imagining how ridiculous they looked, lying in the mud in the rain. When he opened his eyes again, he realized that Doc and Bdubs were very close together. Very close. He blushed, his heart pounded in his chest. Doc stopped laughing, his eyes still sparkling. His eyes widened slightly at Bdubs' red face, and then he smiled. He sat up, and then held out a hand to help Bdubs do the same.

The shorter hermit's heart pounded ferociously in his chest. We've been flirting for years; is this when something happens...? Bdubs looked right into Doc's glittering eyes, and then he was sure. He closed the gap between them, the rain still pouring down on the two. He felt Doc tense, and then relax. The kiss was far from perfect; neither of them really knew what they were doing, and it was mingled with rainwater, but Bdubs loved it nonetheless. They pulled apart after a long moment, and Doc put a hand on Bdubs' face. "I love you, DoubleO," he murmured, his fangs showing as he smiled, his pointed ears perking up. Bdubs chuckled, grinning back. "I could've guessed," he joked. "I mean, I don't think you would have kissed me if you didn't love me." Doc laughed as well. "I guess so," he said, pushing a bit of his hair out of his face.

Bdubs got an idea, and he felt a smirk come over his face. He leaned forwards and kissed Doc again, but then dug his hand into the mud and flung it all over Doc. The hybrid pulled back with a yelp, and Bdubs burst into laughter. Doc huffed and gave Bdubs a look, and the shorter hermit stuck his tongue out right back. "Nice going, Bdubs," Doc grumbled, though he was laughing a bit as he attempted to scrape some of the mud off of him. "Exactly, Doc," Bdubs retorted, poking Doc's arm. The hybrid looked up again. "Okay, c'mon, kiss me for real this time," Doc laughed, his eyes sparkling.

So Bdubs did.

I think it's safe to say that something's happened.

i love this one lol

rain is great, especially when it's warm

remember to drink your water, and that'll be all from me!