[Thousand Years]

beetho royal auuuuuu

WC: 2.2k

Etho  propped his head up with his elbow, sighing as he watched more carriages arrive. His window was open, despite the current blizzard outside. The ice king didn't mind; after all, he was the king of a literal tundra. Could be the reason he was so used to the snow.

He watched lady after lady come out of the carriages and walk into the castle entrance far below. He'd met countless suitors, countless girls who came to "impress" him, but it never worked. He never liked any of them. And it wasn't because he was mean, or because he was picky, it was...another reason. You see, he didn't feel the same way about...other genders..that he did about...boys. He didn't...romantically...y'know...

See, this is why I never try to verbally explain this to anyone.

He was supposed to marry a lady, a lady high up on the social ladder. But how was he supposed to do that when he didn't even like girls in that way? Etho sighed again and stepped back from the window, just in time to hear a knock at the door.

"Yes?" he asked, straightening himself up to stand regally. The person at the door opened it, and Etho relaxed his stance as he saw who it was. It was False.

He'd met False like he'd met all the other ladies in his life; forcibly, as one of the many suitors he'd been introduced to over the years. When they'd gotten a moment alone after the whirlwind of speeches and a party after they met, False had admitted that she aromantic, and had no interest in marrying Etho. Etho was...relieved, to say the least. He'd admitted to being gay to her, and a friendship had blossomed from there. She was also the first regal lady Etho had seen that always carries a sword around with her.

"Hey, False!" Etho greeted, and False smiled. "Hello there, Etho," she said, resting against the wall. "How are you doing? Are you totally stoked for the party?" Her voice was dripping with sarcasm, and Etho smiled. "You bet," he replied, his tone not far off from False's. "Seems colder than normal here," she joked, lifting an eyebrow. Etho rolled his eyes. "Haha, very funny," he snorted. "Any luck at your kingdom?" False asked, and Etho sighed and shook his head. "Nope. Girl after girl after girl. It's like straight is the only sexuality," he grumbled. False nodded, wrinkling her nose. "You gotta love royal tradition," she sighed sarcastically. "Yup," Etho replied, kicking at the floor.

She stepped away from the wall, stretching. "Anyways, I came up here to tell you that it's time to come down now," she said, and Etho groaned. False snickered. "I never knew someone could perfectly reflect my mood in one noise," she laughed, and Etho chuckled. "Well, ta-da," he joked. "If I have to go." False smiled. "We can make it through together," she offered, and Etho nodded. "Please. I'm going to need the moral support." False laughed, and together, they headed downstairs.

The dining hall was where the party was being held, where the ice-encased walls stretched so high above your head that it almost seemed like clouds should be drifting in the rafters. It was chilly in the room, which made sense, as the room was made of ice. And of course, it was full of girls and guards and the whole royal lot. Etho sighed, stood as straight as he could (despite being gay), and prepared to suffer through multiple hours of awkward conversations.

The party was hazy to Etho; all of the parties he went to seemed the same. Boring, monotonous, awkward, the lot. But something he remembered very vividly was when he laid eyes on him. All the sounds had faded to nothing as he saw the stranger from across the room. He'd remembered hearing of this person from False; he did fit her description perfectly. But False didn't mention how...perfect he looked.

It was Beef, the king of another kingdom that was commonly known for its farming and livestock. He had sparkling, ocean-blue eyes and chocolate-brown hair and beard, and he had on a white suit with a tie that matched his eyes. Etho felt his face heat up slightly, and he was glad he always wore a mask in that moment. He looked around nervously, but the only person who had seemed to notice what had happened was False, who gave him a huge, knowing grin. Etho became even more flustered and looked away, his heart beating a million miles an hour.