21: Annoying Sister

**Harper POV**

"And Harper dear, my therapist appointment is at 3:30 so I need you to pick up your sister from gymnastics for me."

I glared at the pink changing screen where the voice was coming from. I didn't have time for this. I had dance class that day and a shopping party to go to with Tiffney. The last thing I needed was to pick up my brat of a sister, Chloe.

"What about George? Can't he do that?" I heard a light laugh of disapproval. My mom stepped back away from the changing screen in a new dress she had bought an hour ago.

"Help me zip this up, will you Harper?" She asked, turning around. I jumped off the bed and did as she asked, still waiting for an answer.

"Mom?" I asked again. She sighed.

"George and I are going through some complications Harper. I can't ask that of him." She replied sweetly.

My mother had a tendency to say these sorts of things as a backup to not calling her boyfriends. George was boyfriend number two at the moment. Her other one, Juan was still in the picture and neither boyfriend knew that the other existed in my mother's life. Out of the two of them, I liked George best. But I had a feeling it was the exact opposite with mother.

"Well mom I can't, I have dance and then a shopping appointment with Tiffany. I was hoping to get Aunt Blair her birthday present tomorrow." I replied. Mom flicked a piece of her blonde hair out of her face as she started putting on a pair of her fancy earrings and gave me a fake sad look.

"Oh Harper, you really are so sweet. You obviously have no time to go to the mall today and we all know Aunt Blair won't need any presents because she won't be around long enough to ever use them. Spend your money of something else like a new pair of heels or a purse. Oh! Kate Spade just opened up a new collection and I know how much you love that brand!"

I just looked at my mother, nothing really to say. Yes in some ways she was true about myself wanting a Kate spade wallet. My old one was getting a little old fashioned for the time zone but what she said on Aunt Blair felt like poison.

"I'll be in my room." I muttered, heading toward the door. I heard mom start the hair dryer and knew that she did not hear me. I didn't really care anyway.

Outside her room I was out on one of our living rooms. This particular living room was used as a place to hold everyone's coats whenever they arrived. I walked past the room and up the stairs until I reached the third floor. Two doors faced the stair well. One was open and music was blasting through the room. I walked toward it and saw Chloe lying on her bed, a few Teen Vogue magazines on the foot of the bed and her dog, Chanel, sat next to her owner. She saw me first and barked at me as I passed. My sister looked up, her phone in her hand and glared at me.

"What do you want?" She demanded. I crossed my arms and returned the stare.

"Really Chloe, it's like you have no sense of fashion what so ever. Who even wears Jimmy choo's with yoga pants?" I asked looking at her outfit. She looked at her shoes and then back at me and turned slightly red.

"Beyoncé did once!"

"Yeah well you're not Beyoncé."

"I can be if I want to. Mama says I'm just as precious as her."

"Well mama is wrong. Get changed. You don't belong in a circus." I finished, turning away from her and heading over to my room. I made sure to slam the door shut to block out the words of the One Direction song as well. I didn't need so much emotional music at a time like this.

Not sure what to do, I fell face first, into bed and stayed still. My back ached from walking in heels all day, I had a headache from the constant hair spray yanking my hair tightly back and I had my mind going in circles of what to do about Aunt Blair. I was going to lie in bed and miss class today but then my phone rang, and I had no choice but to pick it up.