23: Prep for Gala

**Olivia POV**

"Now Julie, why don't you plié through that landing and hook arms with Daniel." I instructed as I watched the girl land. She nodded and did the step again, this time doing exactly what I asked.

"Turn out your left foot Daniel." James stated as he walked pass the pair.

"So let me get this straight. You work with Julie and Daniel and I work with Lilly and Dean. How are we going to add the two parts together?" He asked me, as he joined me watching the pair dance. I nodded.

"Yeah that's the plan. But don't worry. Once you have the main idea of what they are going to do and they know the routine as well, we will put the pair together and see how they do. We have less the ten minutes until our class arrives for their rehearsal for the Gala." I replied. He nodded.

"Okay. What do you have planned for everyone?"

"Rosie and Elle are going to do Black Swan vs White Swan. All the boys and Harper are doing Rose Adajio."

"What about you?" James asked. I shrugged.

"Daniel do you want her to fall? Hold her tighter and Julie I need to see you balance, no trusting in luck with the dance. You either can do it or you'll fail." I called out. I looked back at James.

"I thought it would be wrong of me to dance when I am in charge of chorography." I replied. James chuckled.

"Nah. You should do dying swan. That one I've seen you do before during competition. I'll tell mom to add it to the music." He said finally. I smiled.

"And you?" He smiled.

"I'm in charge of sound. I don't want to dance at the Gala." He replied. I looked at him surprised.

"You sure your mom will be alright with that?" I asked. He nodded.

"She'll have to accept it one way or another. I'll talk to you later. Dean and Lilly are ready for instruction." I nodded and turned my attention back to my pair.

"Julie hold that leg up."

*A Few Minutes Later*

"Look at me Rosie, I'm a motherfuckin swan!" Elle called out, flapping her hands up and down in the middle of the room.

"Oh god...Elle." I muttered, walking into the room. Rosie was in the corner flapping her arms up and down as well.

"I'm the evil one though Elle." Elle stopped in her tracks.

"Hey! Let me enjoy being a polar opposite for the show. Plus I have to admit, black looks good on you. Promise me never wear black in front of Cody." Rosie turned red.

"I don't need to promise because I will be too afraid of that now you tell me." Elle winked at her. I coughed, getting their attention.

"Alright time to act professional girls." I started. Elle made a silly face.

"Oh Rosie look at Olive! She's turning into a teacher right before our eyes." Elle ran on her toes over to me and stopped right in front of my face.

"Elle stop acting like a four year old and prepare." I commanded. Elle smirked.

"We all know deep down Olive that you find me extremely funny." She said winking at me. She was still on her toes I noticed so I smiled and with both hands I slammed her back making her fall off balance and land on the ground with a thud. Elle looked at me shocked but behind her I saw Rosie dying of laughter.

"Oh shut up you slut!" Elle yelled, turning around to face Rosie. Rosie smiled and stuck her tongue out.

"Okay guys now really we have to get started."

"But I don't want to dance." Elle whined, now lying on the ground. Rosie, sensing trouble, ran over to Elle and sat on her stomach.

"Okay Olive. What's the plan?" Rosie asked. Elle was making noises and trying helplessly to get Rosie off.

"Get off me you hippo."

"No. This is pay back from the time you landed on me at my house when Aubrey came home." Elle made a sound of pure torture making Rosie laugh.

"Okay you too. Get up." I said, now a little more serious. Rosie and Elle, sensing that the fun tone was gone in my voice, got up and waited. I sighed, thanking god for them finally listening.

"Elle, you stand on one corner, Rosie you opposite her." I began.

**James POV**

"Chris hold her up higher."

"It looks easier than it actually is you idiot." Chris muttered. All the boys stood around Harper, who was lifted in the air, balanced by all the boys around her. I walked around them, checking everyone's turn out, taking my time as well just to make them all suffer as well.

"James I swear to god if you don't tell us in the next five seconds to bring her down, I'm dropping her." Finn called out as a warning.

"Don't you dare drop me Finn. I don't need to be all bruised before the Gala." Harper protested. I heard the boys snigger and knew that there was no empty threat behind Finns words.

"Okay let her down, gently." The boys did as I asked and when they did so they all collapsed on the ground.

"You all are acting like such girls. Get up." I called out. Chris gave me a glare and Finn said something under his breathe that I would very much not want to repeat. Harper was the only one still standing and she found this whole ordeal amusing.

"Rob why don't you Chris, Finn, and Sam go take a break. Harper, work on your turns. You'll need it for this routine." She nodded, slightly disappointed and then walked to the mirror and took her position stance for turns.

"James." I turned around and saw mom walking up to me. She had a look on her face that meant something was wrong.

"What's the matter?" I asked, walking up to meet her. She sighed.

"There is no routine on here saying you will dance. Why not? Has Olivia decided to not add you in, because I can talk to her."

"No mom I just don't want to perform for the Gala. I have enough on my plate as it is for nutcracker." I replied simply. Mom gave me an annoyed look.

"Not this again James. Your father and I both think you're making a mistake to stop your dancing. I put you as the nutcracker so that you will get more attention from companies. I've already received offers to have you." I shook my head.

"Mom I really don't need this talk right now. Isn't it enough that I am choreographing this thing?" I asked. She crossed her arms.

"Olivia is choreographing and yet she has a solo. In fact, she has the only solo! I wonder how that got placed there.."

"Mom I told her to do that piece. She was not going to dance for the gala before." Mom sighed.

"Oh alright. But we are not done with this James. You know both you're father and I worry about you on this."

"Yea I can tell." I muttered. She gave me one last stare before returning back into her office. Chris who had before been waiting right outside the room came in.

"So you're under fire now too over this whole dance thing?" He asked. I nodded.

"That sucks."

"Yeah no kidding. Harper, you ready to start again?" She finished a turn, landing right in front of me. She sighed.

"Yeah alright. But can we end early? I need to pick up my sister in ten minutes." I looked back at Chris and saw him raise his hands.

"Not a part of this. Not a part of this."

"Go get the rest of the boys Chris and shut up." I muttered. He smiled and walked out of the room.