30: Return of the Zombie

**Rosie POV**

"Very good class. I am glad to see you are all well this morning. I was expecting you all to have a hangover to tell the truth after the gala." Ms. Marina began. I glanced toward Elle who glared back at me with a pissed off expression on her face. This was not Elle's first time dancing with a hangover. She had down multiple times in the past and each time learned new ways to hide her terrible stunt. Today was just another day where she hides her drinking problem.

"Class is over. I will see you all back for rehearsal in two hours. Be on time because we need to run over the finale and a few of you don't seem to understand the phrase 'turn out'. " She glanced toward a few students in the back of the class that chuckled awkwardly. When Mrs. Marina turned her back to us people began to move around the room again.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Elle jokingly. She made a noise in her throat.

"Why didn't you stop me from drinking last night Rosie?" She muttered with a snarky attitude. I looked across the room and spotted Rob grabbing his things.

"You said something about wanting to prove a certain someone wrong I think about your drinking." I replied innocently. "So of course, I let you drink like an idiot to get it through your head that you should get over this thing with Rob." I finished. Elle made another noise.

"Mom's going to kill me when she finds out how out of it I am." Elle muttered sadly. I sighed and grabbed her arm, pulling her up off the barre to look at me. She was paler than usual and her hair was shiny and tangled. There were dark circles under her eyes too from lack of sleep I'm guessing.

"Yeah your mom will know as soon as you walk through the door." I agreed. Elle rolled her eyes and returned to her slump over position on the barre. Now Elle and I were in the room as well as two others who stood by the door.

"Where are Olive and Harper? They should be comforting me as well." Elle whined. I rolled my eyes and turned away from Elle, now seeing the two people by the door properly. Rob and James stood there watching us cautiously. They were smart enough to know what was going on. Well James was at least. He gave me a look where I gave a shrug as an answer too. He grabbed Rob who looked a little nervous to come anywhere near us and dragged him over toward us. I turned back to Elle with a smile on my face.

"Careful what you wish for Elle." I muttered quietly over to her. She looked up and groaned when she saw them.

"What's wrong with you?" James asked as he stood over Elle.

"None of your business James." Elle responded agitated. James gave her a look and then glanced my way, unfazed. I smirked.

"Zombie bitch has come back to bite us." I replied, looking toward Elle. Elle groaned and fell to the floor and curled up into a ball. James made a noise that sounded like a laugh. I turned back to the boys with a helpless look on my face.

"Elle's mom will kill her if she sees her out of it again. I think I have to take her to my place to make her sleep." Elle made a noise.

"Zoë is most likely there with Aubrey. She is worse than mom." Elle muttered. I sighed and grabbed both of her arms and pulled her up.

"We'll figure something out Elle. Let's just get you out of here." I replied calmly. Elle made no objection as both Rob and I helped her up.

We brought her down the steps of the school and placed her in my car. James carried our dance bags and stuffed them in the back seat. I shut the door and turned to James who had his keys in one hand.

"Follow me. I know where to bring her." I looked at him curiously.

"You don't seem like the type of person to get drunk James." I replied rather amused. He chuckled.