4: Suprise Dancer

After Ms. Marina walked out of the studio, so did I accompanied with both Elle and Olivia. We didn’t realize that Harper was not with us until we got to the car, so Olivia ran back inside the studio and pretty much dragged Harper out as she was making excuses about talking to Chris or whoever she cared mostly about in that room.

"Yea, yea, save it Blondie. We have to get out of here before Sara explodes." Olivia remarked as she walked to the car with her hands on Harper. Elle and I were already in the car waiting for them to join us.

When I started driving, everyone started bombing me with questions, remarks and comments that all in the end meant that they were all shocked that I was the lead.

"Hey why don’t you all shut up and talk about someone else’s lucky part." I replied, hushing the girls in the back sit.

"Well who do you have in mind, Ms. Clara?" Elle replied with a smirk. She sat right next to me in shot gun and was busy finding a music station that fit her taste.

"I can’t wait to see Elle in her Arabian Costume!" Olivia remarked, jabbing Elle in the back with one of her hair pins. Elle turned around red in the face and tried to snatch the pin from Olivia’s hand.

"Oh my gosh Elle you will be showing some skin for once!" Harper chirped up from the back seat, making Elle’s face go even redder.

"I can't believe that Ms. Marina set me up to be dancing Arabian with Rob! Of all people why him?" Elle exclaimed as she turned around, finally holding on to Olivia’s Pin.

"Obviously because you two dance well together and are very funny to watch when you do dance." Olivia replied as she grabbed one of her other pins out of her bag and started poking Elle in the back again.

"Rosie I'm hungry, we should go out to eat." Harper whined as she placed a pout on her face. That made Elle freeze from attacking Olivia and turned instead to Harper.

"You eat? I thought you starved yourself!" Elle replied with sarcastic disbelief shown all over her face. Harper glared at her for a moment.

"I don't think you should be the one talking Elle." Harper replied a little sharp. Elle opened her mouth to say something back but I elbowed her making them all get my attention.

"Sorry guys, I'm just dropping you all off. I need to get home." I replied. Elle looked at me with disbelief.

"You’re kidding right? Even after you got the part from Clark Bitch, you are still going home and not doing something crazy?"

"Who the hell is Clark Bitch?" Olivia asked from the back seat.

"It must be a new name for Sara, and truthfully I like it." Harper replied with a smile. Elle turned to her and smiled.

"See that is why we are friends!" Elle replied.

"I'm dropping you guys off at the mall ok?" I asked as I pulled into Macys Parking Lot. I turned to see Elle with her eyebrows raised, while Harper was clapping her hands jumping up and down and Olivia was checking her phone to see what new clothes she needed.

"You are NOT leaving me here with Harper at the mall Rosie." Elle demanded. I just smiled and unlocked the doors.

"Adios" I replied as I stared right back at Elle.

 Immediately Olivia and Harper jumped out of the car while Elle glared at me for one more second and then whispered something that sounded a lot like "boo you whore."

She slammed the door with a lot of force and was slowly walking toward Olivia and Harper when I pulled down the window and shouted out "Nice mean girls quote!"

I then turned the car around and headed home, but as I checked into the mirror, I thought I saw Elle glaring at me.

She'll forgive me later I suspect.

After that I quickly drove home and ran into the house to find Poppy, my little Yorkshire Terrier jumping up and down at my feet, obviously happy to see me.

"Hey Poppy!" I said with a smile as I rubbed her head.

"Oh good Rosie you're home. Your father told me you left a little early this morning." My mom stated as she walked out for her office.

"Oh yea sorry I needed a coffee break so yeah I left." I replied as I started toward my bedroom door.

"Honey I'm not done yet. Your father and I are going to be leaving for Paris this evening because of Aunt Julies wedding so you will have to take care of the dog for the week." She replied as she headed toward the kitchen.

I dropped my stuff by my door and followed her into the kitchen.

"Wait so I can't come?" I asked in disbelief.

"No we can’t afford that with all your dancing stuff and plus who is going to take care of Poppy?" She replied with a smile.

"Anyway you barely know Aunt Julie, it’s not like you will miss anything special. Just continue to practice your dance thing that you’re doing ok?" She added with a smile. She turned toward the fridge and started gathering food for dinner, expecting me to leave but I just stared.

"You do realize right that I found out my role this year in the Nutcracker today." I stated. My mom turned away from the fridge and started preparing dinner when she next spoke.

"Oh good so what part of ensemble are you this year? Are you still the flower girl like last year? I really hope so since Ms. Daniae was telling me that for a girl with your build, that it would be your best dance..."

"Mom I got Clara.." I cut in quietly. She stopped what she was doing and stared at me for a moment.

"I thought that pretty girl, what was her name? Oh right Sara, was going to get that part?" She replied, turning back to her work as she spoke. I stared at her for a moment, not sure whether or not I should argue with her or just leave. I decided to leave.

As I did so I asked "How is it that you are able to know that girls name but not any of my friends that I have known longer?” I didn’t wait for an answer. Instead I just slammed my door shut and did not come out again that night.

The next day at dance class, we decided to start rehearsal. The whole ballet academy was there, including the three year olds in their socks instead of tights.

Ms. Marina was speaking to her husband, Mr. Bennett in the middle of the studio, while little girls were running around them playing a game of some sort.

My class was sitting down by the piano on the far corner, either stretching after warm ups or talking to each other about what they expected from this year’s Nutcracker.

When I arrived after warm up, I found Elle sitting by herself, completely captivated by her phone. She didn’t realize I was there until I kicked her in the leg, making her look up.

"I still have not forgiven you for what you did yesterday," She stated shortly and then returned her attention to her phone. I sat down right next to her and started stretching.

"Yea sure, like shopping with your friends is absolutely terrible." I replied with a smirk. She looked up at me for a second before she spoke.

"We were at the mall for over three hours, being dragged around by Harper who kept wanting to go into these really crappy like stores to find a dress for this party she is going to this weekend. Trust me when I say that being asked over and over again about whether or not this dress makes her look fat will make you go mad!" Elle replied. I gave her a side hug saying I was jokingly sorry and she nudged it off making me think that she forgave me.

"What part are we starting with today?" I asked.

"Oh I don't know but did you hear the news about who is dancing the Spanish Dance?" Elle asked full of excitement.

"No clue who?" I asked

"This professional dancer from one of the companies and I think her name is Lux!" Elle replied with a smile.

"Oh goodie, Rosie finally heard the news!" Sara stated with an annoying smile as she sat down next to me.

"Looks like your spot light will be taken from you after all, and it won’t need to be me who does it!"