10: The New Harper

After a week of constent begging to come back to classes, Harper finally decided to go back to class. I was so happy to hear the news, that I almost forgot about the whole ordeal with James. But then again, I sat almost.

When I returned to dance with the rest of the girls I was not suprised to see James giving me the cold sholder. I knew I had to speak to him sooner or later but for now I just ignored it and watched Harper instead get back to Dance.

Ms. Marina was very pleased to see Harper back and had asked her right off the bat whether or not she would like her flower solo back. Harper, who still was not in her normal mood still smiled and noded, obviously happy to find out she was at least dancing in the stupid nutcracker.

Barre classes were normal and went by just as easy as before except for poor Harper who was sweating like crazy and not in her best shape. I guess that is what happens when you miss dance for a week doing nothing but sit watching Netflix and eating junk food all day.... You get out of shape which makes the first day back living hell.

Even Elle seemed to be a little sympathetic to Harper. Every once and awhile during Jumps, Elle would take Harper's place up in front, which normally Elle hated so that when Harper jumped in the second row in the center, no one would really see her causing her to not have to try that hard to be perfect in her jumps.

After class was over we had a quick break to stretch and rest before partnering.

Harper took this time to go in a split and fall alsleep against her leg. Elle took her time to start painting a pair of her point shoes black for her solo. Olivia was working on her turns by the barre leaving me to chill next to Elle, watching Olivia's progress.

"Have you spoken to James yet?" Elle asked, keeping her eyes on her point shoes. I chuckled. At that moment James followed by Rob walked by. James did not look down at us like normal and joke with us or say a funny remark. He just continued to walk to the barre next to his bag. Rob however stopped and sat next to us.

"I'm guessing no then." Elle muttered amused. I rolled my eyes.

"What was that Elle?" Rob asked. Elle looked up at him and smirked.

"James and Rosie are going through "complicated emotions" " Elle replied, quoting the ending of her words. Rob laughed as I grew red in the face.

"Hey Elle do me a favor and shut your mouth." I replied quickly. Elle only laughed.

"So then that makes sense as to why he is on edge today." Rob replied becoming serious. Elle looked back up suprised.

"Wait he has been upset the whole day? God damn Rosie, what did you say to him to piss him off?" I shrugged.

"I just said that he shouldn't call us girls over dramatic because we have to work harder to get a big part then he ever does." I replied causally. Elle nodded in agreement with me but Rob shook his head.

"Well he is right by that. You girls are over dramatic about parts." Rob replied. Elle frooze from her work and looked back up at him glaring.

"Excuse me Rob but you don't know half about our lives about getting a part! You guys get it easy." Elle replied testingly. Rob rolled his eyes.

"You like so many other girls is wrong Elle. Unlike all you girls you don't have the studios son on your side of parts. You never get the best part. It is always him. At least you guys have a one in some number chance in getting a part!" Rob replied defensivly. Elle dropped her point shoe.

"You sure about that? At least your a boy which means companies would scoop you up in no time. Girls take so much longer to just find a company to get in to. They all have there own version of what they want a ballet girl to look like and what she should dance like. All you boys have to do is look pretty and hold up the girl to make her look nice." Elle replied, now really upset. Rob stood up, obviously pissed off.

"Yes Elle, maybe so but at least proffesional dancers don't get invovled with becoming drunks and abbusive like some ballerinas when it comes to pressure." Rob replied. He then turned around and left us.

"What the heck was that about?" I asked turning to Elle. Elle is a person of many emotions but never had I ever seen her in full out tears like I did now.

"Elle what's the matter? Don't listen to him now he is just being a jerk." I stated trying to comfort her. She quickly grabbed a tissue from her bag and wipped the tears from her face and started taking deep breaths.

'Elle?" I asked quietly.

"Do I look like I was crying?" Elle asked all of a sudden sitting up. I looked at her face and saw her eyes were red. I nodded slowly.

"Your eyes are red." I replied. I heared Elle curse under her breath.

Just then Ms. Marina came back into the room.

"Alright everyone, time for partnering." She annouced to the dancers.

"Why don't we have Wendy with Josh, Sara dance with Chris, Rosie you're with James, Cara dance with Andy and Elle dance with Rob. The rest of you can go home. We only have time for a few couples today."  Ms. Marina stated with a small smile.

This class was going to be hell, I could already tell.