9: The Down side of a Dancer

The next week to be best summed up was hell week. Harper did not come to dance class for the whole week causing Mrs. Marina to not only take her out of Snow like before but also the waltz of the flowers, hoping to get Harper back into the studio. But that just made things worse.

Olive, Elle and I each took shifts off to go see Harper since each day seemed to be worse for the poor girl and with Harper being Harper, if no one was there when she was upset and in deep disappear, then she was going to have another meltdown.

Today was Friday which meant that it was my turn to go visit her again this week. Last night I tried texting Elle to see how Harper had improved since last time I've seen her since Elle was with her that night. The response I got was two skulls so I'm guessing it went badly for Elle.

I walked into dance this afternoon a little earlier than normal just so I could get a little more time in before I left early for Harpers so when I entered the first class room and saw no one there, I smiled happily and walked right over to the barre and started stretching.

One thing that happens to me when I start stretching is that I forget what is around me and I don't pay attention to those entering or exiting the room. It’s happened many times already where I would start out in an empty room and then I would start stretching and working on my split and when I would finish I would freak out because I would see so many people around me and have no idea how they got there so quickly.

Well this time thankfully that did not happen. Instead I was shaken awake by James.

"Rosie!"

I jumped slightly and looked up from the barre and noticed James standing right next to me with his arms crossed and a funny look on his face.

"What?" I asked in response to his look.

"Do you always ignore people when you stretch before class? Or is it just something I did that made you all of a sudden angry at me?" I laughed and shook my head.

"No I just tend to do that a lot whenever I stretch. Trust me I have no idea why I do it." I replied.

"Weird." James commented. I nodded in agreement.

"But this is not the only time you've decided to ignore me you know." He started. I gave him a strange look as I sat down in a right split.

"Oh really? When else have I ignored you?"

"Yesterday, and also the day before during jumps and you know what I think you ignored me every day this week. I think this is the first day this week that you have finally started talking to me again. Bizarre huh if you say that you have not meant too?" He questioned me with a bit of sarcasm at the end. I looked down at the floor with a small smile on my face.

" I am telling you the truth about not meaning to ignore you this week. I have not meant too, I have just been so busy comforting Harper and getting her back over here..." James sat down next to me with a slightly worried look on his face.