25: Phone Calls

Note: Elle and her family's last name is actually Emerson. I completly forgot and changed it half way through the book to Drew however I am changing it again. Sorry for the confussion!

**Emily Emerson POV**

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Hello this is Jessica Lorraine. Who is this?"

"Hi there Jessica it's Emily. How are you?"

"Emily? Oh of course! Emily Emerson! I am doing great. It has been so busy here as you can guess with this new gala going on and Rosie being all kinds of excited for it. How may I help you Emily?" I chuckled.

"I'm sorry to bother you. I'm just calling to get a final count of who is coming to the gala. I signed up for the main course you see."

"Ah of course. Yes well John and I will both be there as well as Aubrey however I don't know if Marty will be back from Paris. I will call to see if she will make it but for your case just don't add her."

"Oh of course. And I didn't realize Aubrey was back. My daughter Zoe will be back for the Gala so I'm sure they will be glad to see each other." There was laughter from the other end.

"Oh of course. You have no idea how many times Aubrey has asked about Zoe since she has been back." I laughed.

"Same with Zoe. The two must have not seen each other for some time." I replied.

"Oh yes. It seems like forever ago when I was bring Aubrey and Marty to dance class instead of little Rosie. I think Rosie was still a toddler during that time." I smiled.

"Yes that seems to make the most sense. Well anyway, I am glad I got a hold of you. Thank you for helping me on this Jessica."

"Oh not at all Emily. Oh and before you get off the line do you know what the dress code is for the Gala?" I chuckled.

"Oh it's a fancy dress. I am going to be wearing one of my old cocktail dresses back from Reeds days." I replied simply. There was a pause.

"Oh hunny we should all go on a shopping spree together before the gala. You shouldn't go in one of those dresses." I chuckled.

"If only I had the time. " Jessica laughed.

"Haha I understand what you mean. How about I call some people and see if they might be able to set something up. Maybe this weekend we can bring both our families on a shopping day. Maybe Sunday? We can all get dresses for the Gala." I went quiet for a moment deep in thought.

"Oh come on Emily. Don't get nervous over shopping. I thought you out grew that." I laughed.

"Oh alright Jessica. I am guessing this is only a girl shopping trip?"

"Oh bring you boy with you! He can help us. I am sure he can be of some help." I laughed imagining Cody dress shopping.

"I'll talk to him."

"Wonderful! I'll talk to you tomorrow with news about this alright?"

"Sounds like a plan." I replied.

"Alright bye then."

"Bye Jessica. Thank you again."

I hung up the phone and placed another check mark in my book. I turned to the clock on my desk.

6:30 pm.

I sighed.

"Cody! I need to talk to you."