27: Shopping Trip

**Rosie POV**

When Elle said Ms. Edwards was bad I believed her but my god was she terrible. Somehow Ms. Edwards believed that not only did we have to buy a dress but we also had to buy shoes and bags and every little detail needed for the night. There was so many of us as well that it took us quiet a long time to find dresses that everyone liked. Elle and Zoe liked black dresses while Aubrey and I liked the classy styled dresses. Harper and Chloe liked pink. Anything pink they liked.

So it came to a decision that parents were to go one way and young adults were to go another.

"Cody, which group are you going with?" Mrs. Emerson asked as the groups started to form.  Before he could answer, Zoë came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his neck, making her go on tippy toes.

"Little baby brother is coming with us! I'm kidnapping him mother." Zoë stated in a silly voice. Cody did not know what to do other than follow his older sister as she pushed him toward the rest of us.

Mrs. Emerson laughed.

"Alright but Zoë don't destroy your brother while shopping. He still needs to clean his room when he gets home." I heard Elle laugh next to me.

"Zoë will make sure that Cody goes through hell today, just watch Rosie."

Oh boy was she right.

First Harper guided us to a store called Jill's Sparkles. The three Emerson's didn't look too excited to go in at first but when Harper said there was an area filled with black, they slowly went in.

"Harp, how much is mom letting us spend on dresses?" Chloe asked from one rack by the door filled with preteen dresses that looked like they were made for strippers.

"Don't go over a thousand Chloe." Harper responded as she flipped through a rack filled with dresses of different shades of pink. I walked past them both until I came to a section of prom dresses.

"What is flower power getting?" A voice asked from right behind me. I shoved my elbow back hitting the figure in the stomach making him make a noise.

"Cody." I stated simply as I turned around. He flicked a piece of hair out of my face when I turned and gave me a silly look.

"Why are you over here? Shouldn't you be helping your sisters find pretty black dresses to wear?" I asked. He shook his head franticly.

"Zoë has it out for me. The further away I am from her, the better I am." He replied as he walked to the aisle next to me.

"So miss rose, what dress style are you looking for?" I gave him a look of amusement.

"You're kidding right? Like you could help me find a dress? I thought you hated shopping." I remarked. He nodded.

"I do. But if I act like I'm helping you then maybe Zoë will leave me alone for a bit." He reasoned. I nodded in agreement.

For the next few minutes I walked around the aisles looking for dresses. By the end of ten minutes I had three dresses in my arm that were not the best but were choices all the same. Cody was following me like a dog, just looking at dresses and making comments or remarks about how ugly everything was.

"Rosie!" I turned around and saw Zoë walking toward me with a few black dresses in her arm. I smiled and waved her over even though I heard Cody giving silent protests.

"I see baby Cody is keeping you company." She started as she eyed Cody who immediately pretended to be very interested in a particular rack of clothes. I laughed.

"Yeah he's helping. What have you got here?" I asked eyeing the dresses. She showed me four dresses all black but each of them having a different style to them.