Chapter 7

Denver was anxiously pacing with me in his arms, clutching tightly to my form while I rested my eyes after the storewide panic eased.

The kid, Freddy, had apparently been taken from his parents a few months earlier, so he was used as bait to attract an older child. When he tried to give back Turtle, I told him to keep my plushie. Freddy was crying with a happy smile, hugging Turtle to his chest. At least Turtle went to a good home.

I rubbed my palm across Denver's chest, nosing his jawline. "Denver, you're going to wear the linoleum down to the concrete with all the walking you're doing."

Denver didn't respond. He was still tense and his pretty eyes were dark with fury. I blushed when I thought about calling him by the title of person I wanted him to be to me.

"Denny," I whispered, but he didn't respond again. I inhaled deeply and let the air out. "Daddy," I said softly, kissing his cheek.

That got an immediate reaction. I blushed when his eyes refocused and he glanced at me. I ducked my head down and continued rubbing his chest.

"Baby boy, did you really mean it?"

"Mean what?" I mumbled.

"About me being your daddy. Do you know what that means?"

I blushed. "Yeah, Charlie told me when I asked last week. I really want you to be my daddy, Denver."

He sagged against the wall and kissed my forehead. "I'm so happy, baby boy."

"Me, too." I smiled, rubbing my cheek on his shoulder.

Denver kissed my head again, leaving his lips pressed to my temple. I brushed his chest with my right palm, feeling the hills and dales of my muscled daddy. A furious blush rose to my cheeks, but I was happy and content to stay in Denver's arms.

"Um, D-Daddy?" I whispered, and his grip tightened.

"Yes, baby boy?"

"Do you still want to dress me up?"

Denver chuckled. "If you still want to stay here, then yes, I do. We can get food right afterwards."

My stomach growled in response, which made me blush beet-red. I kissed his cheek and curled my fingers against his shirt, then ducked my head to nuzzle his collarbones.

"Thank you, Daddy." I breathed ever so softly, still very shy about saying it aloud.

Denver smiled. "You are very welcome, sweetheart. Now, let's get those clothes I dropped and get them onto you."

I clung to him like a koala bear as he returned to the jean shelf where he dropped the pile of clothes. Denver gathered the items and made his way back to the fitting rooms. He set my butt down onto the cushion and I waited while he hung up some tops with bottoms.

The fitting room was surprisingly spacious, but Denver's big body filled up a good portion of it. I could sense his heat near my head and his body-wash had a nice tropical fruit aroma. I twiddled my thumbs when Denver shut the door and locked it. I glanced up and blushed when his ice-blue eyes locked onto my face.

"Baby?"

I nibbled on my bottom lip, shyly glancing away. "Yes?"

Denver knelt on one knee and clasped my hands, gently kissing them. I blushed again and eyed my very own daddy dominant. His intense gaze made me quite flustered, but he raised my hands higher and looked at me over my knuckles.

"Emil, it's okay." he murmured, closing his eyes for a moment. "If you're too embarrassed, you are welcome to kick me out of here."

"N-no," I whispered. "Daddy, I'm just shy. It feels weird to have someone who's not my sister that cares so much for me."