Special Christmas AU

"Are you warm enough?"

"Yes, Daddy. And you? I mean, you must be since we've asked each other this question at least ten times already."

Denver pouted. "You're too blunt, baby."

I grinned. "Yep, so what do you really want to ask me?"

My daddy dominant rubbed the back of his neck, his shy smile making my heart pound. Denver turned towards me on the couch, placing his hands on his snowflake-patterned, dark blue pajama pants. I paused the movie onscreen and faced him, giving my man my full attention.

"Um, well," he started, his ice-blue eyes glancing at my face. "I know you still don't do that well with crowds, but I would like to go on a date with you for Christmas."

I placed my hands on top of his right one. "Daddy, I would love to go on a date with you."

"Really?"

My heart clenched at his adorable expression full of happiness and excitement. "Yes, really. Do you have a plan in mind for us, Daddy?"

Denver nodded but didn't divulge any details. Instead of pouting, I crawled forward and settled into his lap. Denver chuckled as our lips met for a brief smooch.

"Not going to ask?"

I shook my head with a grin. "Only because I trust my man and I know he, meaning you, will make me very happy."

Denver's cheeks warmed as he curled his arms around my waist and shoulders. I snuggled into his front as he pecked my forehead. He whispered something to me, but I couldn't hear it properly because of his loud heartbeat in my right ear.

"What did you say, Daddy?"

Denver hugged me a bit tighter and tucked his nose into my curls, then heaved a sigh. "I just said that you're too cute for words, baby."

My cheeks turned pink as I beamed and I was dubbed the "cutest little boy on the planet" by my dear daddy dominant. Denver tousled my hair and heaved another sigh.

"I don't want to move, but I want to go on a date with you..." he whined under his breath. "Such a dilemma."

I rubbed his right pec with my left hand and kissed his jawline. "I know, but this is our first Christmas together. We should enjoy it to the fullest since we celebrated an early Christmas with Charlie and Carver. It's now time for us!"

"Very true," he replied with a smile. "I hope you don't mind, but I have a couple events planned that might draw out your little side."

I chuckled and firmly pressed my lips to his left cheek. "The only reason I don't mind is because I feel so safe with you, Daddy. My little side is undoubtably in agreement. You're solely his daddy dominant and protector who he loves a lot, and to the adult version of myself you're even more."

Denver bit his bottom lip. "Even though I'm not a perfect protector?"

"Especially because of that, Daddy, because no one is perfect. The only perfect people exist in books and movies. You're real, and perfection is impossible to achieve in humans because of our nature. But you strive to be better and that's part of what makes you perfect for me, Denver Charleston."

My precious man had started silently crying, so I used my Christmassy sweater's sleeves to dry his wet cheeks and dab around his eyes. Denver whispered his love for me as I returned it, our lips brushing and meeting properly for a deeper kiss. His tongue stroked mine as his fingers dipped under my sweater and gently grasped my waist. But Denver just continued holding me instead of going further.