Chapter 30

"This is amazing!"

I beamed while showing Charlie and Carver around the house. The contract was successfully closed two weeks ago, so my sister and best friend had come to help Denver and I with the big part of the move to pack boxes into the moving truck and unpack them at the new place. We had been slowly taking some things over whenever Denver had time, but today is the big day.

It has been a month and a half since my birthday, but I'm still in total shock whenever I see my engagement ring from Denver. I have yet to pick out a wedding ring for him, which I really want to do. I don't have any savings, which is unfortunate, but Denver is just happy to get whatever I choose for him.

As for Charlie, she is now dating Ty Marker. It was quite amusing to hear that she had to work hard in conveying that she really did like him and it wasn't a prank because apparently he'd been tricked by other people before. To be fair, I think Denver and I came to the same conclusion that Ty has very low self-esteem; partly from a lack of confidence aside from the fact that he'd been hurt by those awful people. But they make a really good pair. I'm happy for my sister.

Carver, on the other hand, was still too busy to find a man. He makes time to see us, but my man and I can see that he's really wanting someone for himself. It would be rude to set him up with someone as a surprise, so I hope Carver can meet his one while out and about sometime soon.

"This is seriously amazing," breathed Charlie, her expression of amazement not lost on me.

To be honest, I had done a little more exploring whenever possible. There were secret compartments, more puzzles that revealed even more spots to store things, and little activities that I knew I would find fun in my younger mental states. I can really see how much the former owner treasured her family and wanted them to have fun together as much as possible. While it is extremely sad that the lady's family died, my lover and I can carry on her unfulfilled wish.

Denver had taken me to the closing a couple weeks ago. Although we technically didn't have to go because Denver could digitally sign, the former owner requested to see us. I had guessed that she wanted to see what kind of family her former dream home would go to and what would become of it. When she spotted us, her eyes filled with tears and she nearly started crying, but she couldn't stop herself when I grasped her trembling hand.

That had made me cry and my age regressed a lot. I'd sobbed into Denver's side, but he had quickly scooped my form up and cuddled it. I was soothed and the lady seemed to feel better watching that happen. Denver and I greeted the lady once we were all calm. We talked a short while before Denver signed the paperwork inside the closing agent's office. Both my man and I could see her expression of peace and relief as the deal was completed.

Our real estate agent stayed behind to talk to the former owner, then I learned that they were cousins with a very close family relationship, and even more so with the lady's family when they were alive. And that explained why our agent was so torn up while he was walking through parts of the house and outside. Perhaps being on the other side of the transaction was to ensure that the property was going to the best buyers possible. I guess they had gotten what they wanted from us other than money.

"Emil?"

I jumped with a sharp inhale, immediately coughing to clear the saliva from my lungs. "D-Daddy, you're home..."

Denver chuckled and picked my form up, then rubbed my back while I calmed down. I sighed softly and yawned, glancing around to see my sister and Carver exploring outside. Now is the perfect time to ask my burning question since I just remembered (and our crazy family is outside).

"Hey, Denver?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you waiting until our honeymoon to rail me?"