Chapter 19

"Dad!"

My eyes widened as the father of my giant daddy dominant appeared in the unusually tall doorway. His eyes were ice-blue and he had short but thick salt and pepper hair with a full trimmed beard, but overall he looked like an older version of my man.

"Denver," murmured Dallas, his eyes bright with happiness. "I missed you, son. You need to come home more often."

Denver nodded and walked into the hug his father was offering. I was squished into the embrace, but it was surprisingly cozy. Dallas had a similar scent to my daddy's natural one, too. I squirmed a bit, so Denver chuckled.

"Dad, your future son-in-law was very scared that you wouldn't like him."

"Oh?" rumbled Dallas. "Let me see the famed Emil Robertson."

I blushed when Denver stepped back a bit and Dallas' gaze roamed over me. It was deathly silent—outwardly, really. My heart was pounding a mile a minute.

Dallas moved his left large hand and every so gently cupped my right cheek, our gazes still glued together. His rough thumb stroked my cheek just as I leaned my head into his palm. Dallas made a quiet noise for some reason and then his right hand moved to pet my head.

"What a darling little boy." remarked Dallas, which made me blush beet-red. "How old are you again?"

"T-twenty-two, sir."

Dallas chuckled. "You look younger, but I know my son isn't a criminal."

"Gee thanks, Dad."

Dallas and I laughed. Denver huffed and turned his head, but I definitely saw a glimpse of a smile amidst his pouting when I kissed his cheek.

Dallas patted Denver's head and mine. "Come in, boys. Don't let the bugs and snakes inside."

I hugged my man's neck tighter. "S-snakes?"

"Yes, sweetheart. We are out in the country."

Denver closed the door behind us and set me down. I toed off my shoes and then my daddy dominant patted my head. "I'll get the luggage, Em. Go keep my dad company."

"O-okay!"

He grinned. "Don't be nervous. Dad likes you."

I blew out a breath of relief and rubbed my chest. "Thank goodness."

Denver kissed my cheeks and stepped back outside. I heard the clanking of pots and pans around the corner, but took a bit of time to look around the foyer. It had reddish brown tile for the floor, which worked because it was for a working man. The walls were faded white plaster and wood as I walked down the hallway filled with pictures above my head. Maybe Denver can show me all of them later and tell me which memories were connected to each picture.

The ceiling showed the thick, polished wood beams. It was really beautiful as I walked into the open space of the living room, dining area, and kitchen. Dallas was standing at the stove flipping fluffy, golden-brown pancakes onto a plate. My eyes lit up. I love pancakes!

I silently hurried over to the island and went around it to see if there were blueberries in the pancakes. I love berries in my breakfasts. Upon reaching the counter, I looked to my left to see Dallas focused on his task. I guess Denver really does take after his father in all sorts of ways aside from appearance.

I moved out of the way when Dallas put more pancakes under the foil. I pushed down the foil cap once he went back to pouring the batter in two spots of the giant pan. Since I didn't want to bother Dallas, I remained quiet and let him finish his task. I did check for blueberries and they were indeed in the pancakes.