Chapter 39

"Are you nervous?"

I playfully pouted at Carver. "What gave it away? My shaky hands or my rambling about nonsensical things?"

"So you were aware of that?"

I sighed aloud and hugged his shoulders. "Carver, the wedding is tomorrow. I am so nervous! I don't want to screw anything up."

"You're not going to do that, Emil. You have worked this entire time making sure every detail was perfect and Denver even helped adjusting the schedules once he got finished with his work a couple months ago." Carver hugged my form on his lap, gently kissing my temple. "Everything will be fine. The only thing you have to worry about is the wedding night."

I blushed and hid my face, so he cooed at me until I shushed him with my fingers. Carver chuckled, pushing his lips out to kiss them and then cuddled me even more firmly as Denver emerged from his office. My handsome man stopped short when he saw Carver's lips landing all over my face, but he merely laughed aloud.

"I see my cute Emil is having fun with you, Carver."

Carver grinned as he noticed my happy, relaxed smile. "Yeah, I was just calming him down. Tomorrow is making him nervous."

Denver smiled as I pouted and poked Carver for spilling my "secret" to my daddy dominant. My man petted my red waves, brushing over the natural blond highlights before leaning down and pecking my lips.

"I assume there is some excitement as well, though?" he asked, and I nodded with a shy smile. Denver cooed and kissed my cheeks. "So cute, baby."

Carver handed me over as his phone began to ring, so he quickly got up and rushed off to his room in our home to take the call. Denver settled down into the corner of the couch and tugged my form against him. I snuggled closer and tucked my head under his chin.

"I really am excited, Den." I said, then admitted what I said to Carver. "Even though he tried to reassure me, I just really want things to go well with no hiccups. And by hiccups, I mean me doing something wrong or weird."

"Em, that won't happen. I guarantee it."

"And if it does?"

Denver continued petting my hair, pushing his fingers into my waves as he held my upper body more firmly. I relaxed into his heat and the security I feel with him. Denver turned his head to kiss mine.

"If it does, baby, no one will care. Everyone knows who you are and what you're like. Even if you slip into your little mind, everyone will be happy because you are still you—the sweetest, kindest, most loving, and charming little boy on the planet."

My cheeks flushed. "Are you sure?"

"One hundred percent," he murmured, a smile in his tone. "And if something goes wrong that's not caused by you, I know you will fix things in ways I could never think of and I admire you because of that fact."

My face was warm and my heart pounded from happiness thanks to his compliments mixed with reassurance. I hugged his muscled waist, then squeezed him.

"It's been really nice having Dally with us, Den."

Denver smiled and kissed my forehead. "I completely agree. It really feels like home when our whole family is with us."

I nodded in agreement. "And I should probably remember that our family will be with us during the wedding, aside from my friends of course. No need to impress, so I shouldn't get too stressed."

My man chuckled. "No, certainly not. Wedding day jitters are nothing new, but focusing on the things that make us happiest will help make tomorrow that much better."